We get to hit our pick of .44 375 balls - which to buy?

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
X-Rock ISA, best I've ever hit. They are insane coming off of the bat. Just make sure you get the ones with the micro cell technology

marshall

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley-4A184.jpg

I wish we could still use white, there's 2 dozen of these sitting at my local SA for a couple months now.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok - so you think the dudley advance are inferior to the evil balls...?

are you alone? :)

I will break it down for you since only two people understood my first post. The absolute best 44/375 ball in stores is the ISA Evil/Trump Xrock, and Dudley Thunder Advance if they even make one. I've never seen one so I don't know.

Evil Microcell/Xrock Microcell/Dudley Thunder Advance use a multi-layer design that the other associations have outlawed or are outlawing. The ISA ball is the only one that still has it in a 44/375. If they're still in stock anywhere they will be the best. You can buy TA 44/375s on eBay for stupid prices if you want, but they are not worth the price IMO.

If you think those are too expensive then you should just get a Trump Stote or Dudley Thunder Heat or SY. They are obviously not as good, but still very good. Do not buy anything Worth.

36yroldRookie

Starting Player
I will break it down for you since only two people understood my first post. The absolute best 44/375 ball in stores is the ISA Evil/Trump Xrock, and Dudley Thunder Advance if they even make one. I've never seen one so I don't know.

Evil Microcell/Xrock Microcell/Dudley Thunder Advance use a multi-layer design that the other associations have outlawed or are outlawing. The ISA ball is the only one that still has it in a 44/375. If they're still in stock anywhere they will be the best. You can buy TA 44/375s on eBay for stupid prices if you want, but they are not worth the price IMO.

If you think those are too expensive then you should just get a Trump Stote or Dudley Thunder Heat or SY. They are obviously not as good, but still very good. Do not buy anything Worth.

Ok, thank you for the response. I can only find X-ROCK-ISA-Y for sale, how different are those from the MP-EVIL-ISA-Y that I can't find anywhere?

This:
getimg.aspx

vs This:
getimg.aspx

Last edited:

36yroldRookie

Starting Player
The only difference is that the evil ball has a leather cover (rock has composite) and more stitches in the cover.

IMO they're both great balls. I'd buy whichever one is easiest for you to get.

Sweet - found them in stock - do you know if .44 375 is stamped on the ball where it is not showing in the picture above...I want to make sure the umpire can clearly see the 44/375

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
Man that was a shot! :eek:

I actually did get pissed off once when a guy on the opposing team said "nice shot" when the ball seriously landed less than a foot past the 272 sign. Can of corn in any normal park anywhere in the country is not a "nice shot", sending it over the street is a nice shot. Freaking amateurs.