Web swap on a A2000 XL

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
Just picked up an A2000 XL, was thinking of swapping the web for an H web, but not sure if that'll work? has anybody done a swap on a XL? what other type of web may work? Had eyes on the H so it could be kinda like a TF21, but not sure if the holes will work out...

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
no offense, but I believe the XL is 12.5 and if you can find an older 1799, they are 12.5 so why not try and find one of those so you could have a 12.5 H web A2000? I don't know if the H web swab would be that easy but the ladder web from the ELO-B would probably line up some what better. Not trying to sound negative, just trying to provide alternate methods of obtaining a 12.5 H web.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Just because they are both 12.5" does not mean the webs will be the same size. On top of that, the web attachment on an XL (dual hinge web) is more complicated than on most gloves. I seem to remember pics of a cool web swap on one of these done by Mike at Glove-Works forum... but I cannot find them now.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
The XL I picked up is a pro-stock, has the index finger extension (had a finger hood at one time)...I really dig the extra padding there, and its not an option on any 1799's....Have a B-2 that was swapped to an I-web with the same extension and love that, wanted to play a 'lil bit with the XL to see if she can accomodate a H web...Ok with keeping her stock, just curious is an H was even an option

RalphG427

On the bench
Web swaps are very hard on these as there are an increased amount of holes on the fingers due to the x pattern of lace that holds the web to the glove. You would have to end up leaving many of these unfilled or come up with a creative way to fill them all in.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Just because they are both 12.5" does not mean the webs will be the same size. On top of that, the web attachment on an XL (dual hinge web) is more complicated than on most gloves. I seem to remember pics of a cool web swap on one of these done by Mike at Glove-Works forum... but I cannot find them now.

after re reading my original message, what I was getting at was that a 12.5 H web glove already existed so just go after one of those. Wasn't saying to find the glove just for the web.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
after re reading my original message, what I was getting at was that a 12.5 H web glove already existed so just go after one of those. Wasn't saying to find the glove just for the web.

Haha... my bad, read your post too quickly. Both may be listed 12.5" but they are pretty different patterns.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, so here is one strategy for filling those extra holes:

DSC04093.jpg

Last edited:

Jen_16

Coach
no offense, but I believe the XL is 12.5 and if you can find an older 1799, they are 12.5 so why not try and find one of those so you could have a 12.5 H web A2000? I don't know if the H web swab would be that easy but the ladder web from the ELO-B would probably line up some what better. Not trying to sound negative, just trying to provide alternate methods of obtaining a 12.5 H web.

No no no no no

Wilson didn't change the pattern, they changed the stamping. All 1799 are the same size.

But like Rous and the Ralph say, just have to see if the holes align and get creative in filling them. For custom web options you have USA direct and now LoewsFinest on IG. Good quality to be had, but web and relace (if you can't do it yourself) may price you out of the swap option.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats interesting. I have an older PI 1799 that measures right at 12.5 and my 2013 1799 is right on the money at 12.75. My apologies for the incorrect information, i was just going off of what i have experienced with those gloves.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
No no no no no

Wilson didn't change the pattern, they changed the stamping. All 1799 are the same size.

But like Rous and the Ralph say, just have to see if the holes align and get creative in filling them. For custom web options you have USA direct and now LoewsFinest on IG. Good quality to be had, but web and relace (if you can't do it yourself) may price you out of the swap option.

I don't consider @Leowsfinest a viable option. "Stock" webs are $40+, "custom" are $60, and "one-off" blems are $25 and have glaring issues. Unless you HAVE to have one of the special colors Alex has available, I'd stick to usasportsdirect

10nike

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't remember where I got the web from, but I'm going to guess it was from an older Nike glove, like a pro gold. It has the extra set of holes on the base like the 1799, but it's not nearly as big. A web from usasportsdirect will fit better.