Week 1 "ThNk G_d 4 fΩΩtb4ll"

Country35

Banned User
The bucs looked like the local HS team who is 1-2.

Winston's first pass was epic at least.

He was prolly fairly crabby after that.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
The ball look weird from Bridgewater. He floats more balls than Elton Johns hot tub. Plus it looks like he needs to windup to go deep. Sorta like Elton John.

I don't think he's the answer in Minny. And neither is Elton John

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
I went 5-0 this week and scored decently in each league. I still don't like most of my teams very much.

Stretch19

Grow up
So how'd your peppers turn out? Been meaning to ask you.
Mine have been great but my maters caught the late blight and after a couple months of robust production have petered out a lot.

they turned out alright overall...we only got 2 bell peppers, which wasnt nearly what i had hoped for, but they were good; sliced and ate with hummus

the jalapenos been booming though...they arent overly large by any means, but definitely plentiful; i picked 18 last week, a variety of green/red and smoked them sunday...stuffed some with cream cheese/grated cheddar and the others with cream cheese/monterrey jack then wrapped in either bacon or sausage. turned out real good, i will definitely make them again

abt_zpsnszhzrrk.jpg

ae_zpsxd9lfvws.jpg

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Looks mmm tasty. I told you just be patient and they would show up since you were getting blooms.

I pickled a few jars so far for the winter and have been meaning to stuff cheese in some and batter, deep fry but have been slacking on my duties.

I got some other junk in my garden like beans peas okra and such but mostly garden for the tomatoes and peppers. My okra is going like gangbusters too and I have tossed a few in the pickling batch with the peppers. Mostly I been just bagging them and tossing in the freezer.

Stretch19

Grow up
i will be making some vast improvements to the garden area for next year...my neighbor took down her old deck recently and built a new one, she used a bunch of the old wood to make a longer, taller box and it turned out great...she got a bunch of wood left over, so i might have to jump on that; ill try to get a picture today

i intend to add at least 1 if not 2 larger boxes and really grow some more stuff...you have an experience with asparagus? we eat that 3 times a week and its like $3.99/lb; id really much rather grow that than cucumbers i can buy for $.99 per, but i hear its a little tricky

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
No I do not eat asparagus. I do have experience with google and youtube and have gotten some good tips from those.

I got some redoing on my plot for next year as well. Got a big elm tree that is casting its shadow on a good portion of my spot and I aim to take it down. I cut an overhanging limb this spring but apparently the whole tree needs removing. My whole backyard is basically woods with just a 15 ft wide strip that gets sun along the neighbor's wooden fence. Fence runs east to west so does not block much sun but it does scoot my crop over a bit. The tree on the other side is blocking quite a bit though so it will be history.

The tomato blight is in the soil so I will have to address that too after the new year. I been hitting them with baking soda water to impede the dying foliage but that seems to bring rain. It works pretty well when the rain does not wash it off which has not been that often. I picked up that little tip by googling.

Bliss

Go Hawks!
my wife wanted to get me a Primo vanity plate....i told her i'd divorce her.

Justin, what's your pp? i owe you fiddy

A few of my family members have that vanity plate.

Maryland is no different. I have a 45-50 minute, 12 mile commute, and I'm going from the suburbs to Annapolis, not into DC or Baltimore.

It sucks a fat brown one. Everything is surrounded by water so there is only one way in and out of everywhere. "Living by the water" has to be the most overrated, idiotic thing. A ramshackle hut that would be 150k if it was 6 blocks from the bay is 750k if its on the water with a pier attached. Boats are overrated as ****.

Why so bitter???

bliss is so gonna scratch you for the boats are over-rated thing

Spider Monkey Attack for sure.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it gets out of hand I'll just start the week 2 thread and leave these lovebirds to get to know each other Biblically.

Start it already.
Week one is in the rear view so this thread is just decaying tears.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I picked up Buck Allen. I drafted Forsett too high so I have an eerie feeling that he's either going to suck, get hurt, or die.

3XC

Big Truss
Forsett will be fine. Allen was worse last week. Too impatient, doesn't follow his blocks, just runs full speed at wherever the hole is supposed to be.

Forsett is a smarter, better blocker and better pass catcher. Allen might not even be the lead back when Forsett hangs it up, it might be Taliaferro (hurt at the present moment) or someone else.