Wegman ASA v. '14 L4

convectuoso

The Veteran
Been looking at a 28 oz. Wegman ASA, since the 27 oz. L4 I have is a little lighter than I prefer, but as I'm looking, I see they're both 1-piece, 12" barrel EL with IMX barrel & SIC carbon handle...so the only difference I see is the price tag.

Question for the Easton aficionados: what, if anything, did they change about the tech that would make the Wegman a better buy?

lawdizzle

The Veteran
I've had the same thoughts you listed above for some while. Here's my conclusion - The L4 is a great bat...the Wegman ASA is also a great bat. The Wegman may break in a tad faster than the L4, but not a significant enough amount to justify paying that much more. I'd pick up an L4 on the cheap, and when/if it breaks send it back in for a Wegman ASA as a warranty replacement. The difference you'll see (if any) would be minimal at best - and I've swung both. I'm not going to say they are the same bat with different paint because I don't assume, but they feel eerily similar. To me, the Wegman has a softer barrel, but that's about it - and again, it wasn't a huge difference.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Or go with the L3 if you want more endload. My 28 L3 is the biggest EL in ASA bat that I have ever felt. 27 is just right though.

lawdizzle

The Veteran
A one piece may fit his swing better - hence looking at L4/Wegman and not the L3/Kirby setup. But yes, OP if you're looking for a significant endload...try the L3. Go with a 27, as stated above.

convectuoso

The Veteran
Yeah, definitely a 1 pc guy after excessive trial & error. Had both L3 & L4, & sold L3. I love 1 piece with heavy EL, just regret going with the 27 oz. Appreciate the feedback, fellas.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Wegman has more endload than the L4. I got a 27 LX0 hoping for a decent endload and it feels like a balanced bat. I also have a 27 SV98 that feels more like a 28 once bat. Hard to tell unless you hold them in your hand or swing them.