What are some of the best roller bags?

wolfpacker27

The Veteran
What's the best bag at the best price if you need to carry six bats? Worth has one that holds three on the bottom and three in a "holster" on the side, but I'm skeptical because the price is so low. It's not a roller though.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got a TPS Ballistic Locker bag and I obviously can't speak to durability yet, but you can't beat it's design. TPS patented the shelves and that's why they're the only company with real shelves. Hanging style locker bag with everything you say you want.

I would only consider the Ballistic, the Tanel, and the 3n2 or Mizuno.

Northgasoftball

Star Player
I have the boombah beast bag it holds my 8 bats pitching helmet shin guards multi balls glove etc just wish it was a little bit bigger but it does the job also rolls good

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The best built roller that I've seen in person are made by No Errors. The wheels beat anything out and the bag is heavy duty.

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
The best built roller that I've seen in person are made by No Errors. The wheels beat anything out and the bag is heavy duty.

Oh god, I was hoping someone would put this bag up...the only good thing about this bag is the wheels. It is not durable, just about every single zipper on mine is broken, in fact, when it came new, one zipper was broken. It holds a ton of stuff, but then the wheels really dont support it well (especially if you hoard softballs like I do). Also when it is full (and do to the large wheels) you will have trouble fitting more then 3 bats in. The shelves are garbage, they only button on the side and really never held, I took them out for more space. Oh, and finally, its pretty darn expensive.

The bag was falling apart within two months and returning it became an ordeal...hoping I was a good boy this year and Santa will bring me one of the other bags people on this thread are talking about!

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Oh god, I was hoping someone would put this bag up...the only good thing about this bag is the wheels. It is not durable, just about every single zipper on mine is broken, in fact, when it came new, one zipper was broken. It holds a ton of stuff, but then the wheels really dont support it well (especially if you hoard softballs like I do). Also when it is full (and do to the large wheels) you will have trouble fitting more then 3 bats in. The shelves are garbage, they only button on the side and really never held, I took them out for more space. Oh, and finally, its pretty darn expensive.

The bag was falling apart within two months and returning it became an ordeal...hoping I was a good boy this year and Santa will bring me one of the other bags people on this thread are talking about!

I use a backpack for softball now, but I still use my No Errors Catchers bag at least once a week for BP. I have over 100 softballs in it and it's held up for 3 years now.

biggm28

Manager
TYJA thunder looks like it cuddles your bats very nicely, but storage looks to be on the small side. 2 gloves, 4 bats, 2 pair of cleats, a few balls should fit in this right?

Brooklyn'sDaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
Maxballbags. Had mine for two seasons now. Got the one with the extendable handle, like luggage. Fell out of the back of my truck and it broke. Contacted them, told them what happened, got two new handles within days. Plus, buddy and I got the camo one, and get asked about them at every tourney. Best bag I've bought in years.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
As has been said here in many threads the Boombah Beast with the titanium zippers- fat wheels and shelving unit was an awesome bag. I'm not sure why Boombah quit making it last year but it was a tank.

This x10. Mine last 3 full years with no issues. Holds plenty of bats, has shelves, separate compartments, killer wheels. Only reason I stopped pulling mine is because I got a killer deal on an elite roller. And to be honest, I dont like it too much...

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
TYJA thunder looks like it cuddles your bats very nicely, but storage looks to be on the small side. 2 gloves, 4 bats, 2 pair of cleats, a few balls should fit in this right?
Don't go TYJA. Huge bag, but rips easily and zippers are weak. There are bat sleeves for 4 bats. The rest just float round. Get yourself a 3n2 and thank me later

I, of course, like my 3n2 roller:D

I, of course, like the 3n2 roller you hooked me up with earlier this year. Thing is AWESOME!!! Best bag I've owned to date, hands down. Still looks brand new (minus the dirt from the fields)

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
I, of course, like my 3n2 roller:D

I'm liking that 3n2 bag in your signature. If I put a glove and mask in the top "shoe compartment" would there be room for 2 pair of shoes and a dozen or more balls in the bottom part?

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
Maxballbags. Had mine for two seasons now. Got the one with the extendable handle, like luggage. Fell out of the back of my truck and it broke. Contacted them, told them what happened, got two new handles within days. Plus, buddy and I got the camo one, and get asked about them at every tourney. Best bag I've bought in years.

can you post some pics of your bag as their site sucks and does not show anything or any details about the bag. do these have shelves...was looking at the XL version

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
How does the 3n2 compare in size to the MaxBatBags?

I need a roller that can fit a full-size lacrosse helmet.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm liking that 3n2 bag in your signature. If I put a glove and mask in the top "shoe compartment" would there be room for 2 pair of shoes and a dozen or more balls in the bottom part?

Yes there would. There's a ton of room in the bag. But there aren't any shelves in the bag like what was mentioned before. In my bag, I carry 1 pair of turfs, 7 bats, 3 gloves, dozen balls, face mask, rule book, score book and always end up with a powerade and a water on the side pockets. Only thing i would say is a "problem" is if the balls all make it to the back side of the bag. It can make getting the bats back in the bag a little tough, but I just reach down to the bat sleeve and adjust a bit and it works fine.

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes there would. There's a ton of room in the bag. But there aren't any shelves in the bag like what was mentioned before. In my bag, I carry 1 pair of turfs, 7 bats, 3 gloves, dozen balls, face mask, rule book, score book and always end up with a powerade and a water on the side pockets. Only thing i would say is a "problem" is if the balls all make it to the back side of the bag. It can make getting the bats back in the bag a little tough, but I just reach down to the bat sleeve and adjust a bit and it works fine.

Damn. That is a deal breaker for me. My Worth bag does that now and is the main reason why I am looking for another bag.

mattgame

Manager
I have a Mizuno bag the one that holds up to 8 bats but I get 10 in mine easily. It is durable and has lots of compartments for everything. I'll get the name of it later and post it. I love it!

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I use a backpack for softball now, but I still use my No Errors Catchers bag at least once a week for BP. I have over 100 softballs in it and it's held up for 3 years now.

That's actually an awesome idea, I was just thinking I needed a bag to lug balls to bp. Great tip, thanks!

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning

I have the exact same set up. My bp bag is even a no errors but it has about a 110-115 in there. I cut the inside walls out to make it one huge area and it can fit more in there.

second2noone

i like my elite roller bag. I use to have an Easton OGIO roller bag but started to have holes and stuff. good idea to use this bag for balls.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to get one for next year that has the following:

-Able to carry at least 4 bats with no issues getting them in and out (my current worth bag is rough when full of stuff getting the bats back in).

-Top shelf or separate pocket that fits a glove and fielder's mask. Easily accessible during game.

-Separate compartments that fit 2 pairs of turfs (size 10.5).

-Needs to be large so that I can fit scorebooks, extra gloves, gameballs, bp balls etc.

-Colors in either all black, Navy, or Columbia blue.

-Not spending more than $150 or so.

What are some good options? Pictures on the different sites do not show all detail. Thanks!

Sounds like the Tanel Rage would come closest to what you want. Huge bag, separate compartments, shelf/divider, two cleat cages, lots of pockets. Doesn't have top shelf like IDP, but has zip down pocket to hold game glove.

Don't know about bat compartment on Rage. I really like the separate bat sleeves on the IDP for ease of getting bats in and out.

ccantrell25

5th Base Coach
I got a max ball bags Cobra RTS roller in January of this year to replace my Boombah beast that wa sa couple of years old. The RTS zipper broke, Top compartment ripped at the bottom, mid compartment came apart....not real happy with it. Would buy another new beast if I could find one

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
NoErrors Dinger

I currently use the Dinger NoErrors, its huge, holds 6 bats, 2 full uni's 2 pr shoes,(or wear shoes and insert 12 pack in shoe compartment when needed) and more. I like the room cause i like to be prepared when i play, i have a full size first aid kit, emergency glove re-lacing/repair kit, can carry hats on the top shelf w/out them getting mashed. The middle zipper pocket w the hooks for for your glove and hat is nice but i find its a better place for my phone and keys. I can say that they are a bit under built, as the bottom of the bag is a bit worn form being loaded up and drags on the ground, but i used some automotive undercoating spray on it now its fine.(tape off what u don want sprayed and then apply undercoating spray, let dry, remove tape and you have a solid rubber bottom thats very durable. The first one i had zipper issues with the inside small zippers were an issue but mine got replaced ( by NoErrors) and have had no real issues with the second one. The wheels are huge and go thru anything and the built "on" plastic fence hooks are great, the bag is heavy when loaded but if you plan right you will have everything you need for league, BP or tourneys. I glued my side snaps on the shelves w Gorilla Glue so they stay together, and the shelf dividers don't come apart, as the previous posts mention they were flimsy, and came apart easy and then you had one huge compartment, i would agree, but nothing a little crazy glue wont fix. Have to say that they are definitely over priced and under built and i wont buy another one, but hey, it has served me pretty well this year! when it does fall apart or breaks down im sure they or someone else will have the next generation of bat bags we cant live without, worry about that next year.

just my .02$
Super

I have a demarini roller. It isn't the black ops version. It holds 4 bats in sleeves and has a side pocket that can hold 2. It has a vented shoe compartment on the bottom. It has a top pocket that holds a glove and a couple balls. The main compartment holds my mask and about 2 dozen balls. I keep a notebook in it and a couple other things.
Here's a few pics.
9653b123.jpg

95897171.jpg