What are the leagues going to be in Spokane?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
That time of year again.......You know...That time of confusion and eroneous informations. So:

What are the leagues going to be? Utrip? ASA?
What complexes will they be held in?
What nights will they be?
Who's running the show?

Hugs to all you bitches.:bigok:

eodwilt

Addicted to Softballfans
Sweet finally some Spokane talk. Just moved here from Florida (military), and was waiting to see some traffic about leagues in Spokane! Hopefully this one picks up some traction. Also if anyone needs a pick up PM me!!! Also is their any indoor batting cages?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Sweet finally some Spokane talk. Just moved here from Florida (military), and was waiting to see some traffic about leagues in Spokane! Hopefully this one picks up some traction. Also if anyone needs a pick up PM me!!! Also is their any indoor batting cages?

There's cages in the Warehouse at Gonzaga U, but you need to bring your own pitcher.

Avalon06

Addicted to Softballfans
League Softball

A question? What is it about USSSA that everybody thinks is superior to the other associations. Pitching style, (relative flat vs arc), bats (which seem to be not as big of an issue as in the past), HR's allowed, etc? Serious question, I guess I am old school; I don't care what association I play under as long as the competition is good. I will make one comment though (hammer away as I know this will rile people), I do think it takes a better hitter to hit a high arc pitch than a flat pitch.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
A question? What is it about USSSA that everybody thinks is superior to the other associations. Pitching style, (relative flat vs arc), bats (which seem to be not as big of an issue as in the past), HR's allowed, etc? Serious question, I guess I am old school; I don't care what association I play under as long as the competition is good. I will make one comment though (hammer away as I know this will rile people), I do think it takes a better hitter to hit a high arc pitch than a flat pitch.

I don't care what I play........i would like to play UTRIP leagues if I'm going to be playing a lot of UTRIP tourneys. I don't feel one is superior to the other, I hit either fairly well. I just want to know what the options are.

Avalon06

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks, I agree, as I said it is the competition for me; and as I get older it gets way more difficult.

it appears that we will go for Utrip Nationals also; and I know you can hit.

Avalon06

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh and Swing; thanks for taking it easy on and old guy, after all the older I get the more sensitive I become.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Went and got some bats tested. Joel woudn't do my Utrip ones, because he said that he won't be doing any Utrip this spring. Too much effort for 4 or 5 teams and too much inconsistency from the umpires. Not many want to officiate it.

Avalon06

Addicted to Softballfans
Leagues

Ok Gentlemen,

Which league are teams signing up for:
City 6:15 USSSA B League (WEDS)
City 8:15 ASA B League (WEDS)
Or County.

Avalon is getting ready to commit, we have few players that don't get off work until 6:15 or 6:30 which makes county difficult (although we will support Joel by playing in some County Tournaments).

We just want to know where the best competition will be (and yes, so we can play the best).

So, what is everyone doing this year.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
Sign up north then. Might be a good team or two in the valley. But it sounds like the majority of the good players are heading up north. Cheaper, better fields, and USSSA.

Thompson

Addicted to Softballfans
Who's playing in spring fling upper division for men's next weekend? How many teams? Who's gonna win ;)

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
Usssa is a better way to go!!

It's a faster pace game then ASA, NSA,WSL.....whatever else is out there.

I like the fact that if i pitch I do not have to stand out there and be a target for someone and for you guys that have never faced a good Usssa pitcher YES it does make a deference.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Usssa is a better way to go!!

It's a faster pace game then ASA, NSA,WSL.....whatever else is out there.

I like the fact that if i pitch I do not have to stand out there and be a target for someone and for you guys that have never faced a good Usssa pitcher YES it does make a deference.

Exactly! Why is USSSA so much more popular? The speed of the game, and the variety of pitches you will see brings the pitcher back into play in this underhanded girls game for grown men. :D

Big D

In the Batter's Box
My complaint to would be in utrip there allowing the low strike that Barily crosses the plate in the air. I thought it had to be knee high at the front of the plate to be in the zone.