What do REC leagues cost where you live.

MattXT

Addicted to Softballfans
$725 for the fees + $22 each game for two umpires. 24 games plus playoffs. ASA Men's league. Balls provided (Diamond Flyers). Pittsfield, MA. (extreme western Mass)

longfoot

Overachiever
We payed $300 for 18 weeks of double headers. Plus $40/week for umps. Home team supplies ball for each game.

riech319

Coach
Where i play in central IL it is $250 for 14 games on sunday nights ump provided and Monday nights are 300 for 12 games ump provided balls are provided for both and we swing our own bats in both leagues. Game are 6 to 10 pretty much so lights are included in fees.There is actual softball complex in springfield il they are like 550 for summer play 16 games double elim. playoffs. I stay to smaller town ball its cheaper and just as competitive.

lovejones5243

Mr. Judy
on wed nights its: 325.00 dor a 10 game season and champion game

on tues nights its: 350.00 for a 10 game season and double lim tourney which has 2 umps.

pretty cheap in NC...lol

koke08

Coach
We pay $350 for a 10 game season, no playoffs unless there is a tie for 1st-3rd. Includes ump and we play on one of 4 fields. We supply our own balls and bats.

pickups88

Beware 2.D Caleb Yeung
$2000/team for 32 game schedule

two umpires
no park/gate fees
we provide our own bases & balls
one doubleheader every week
includes insurance
top 6 teams in 8 team division makes the playoffs

Diesel43078

Addicted to Softballfans
We play in 2 leagues. One is pretty standard, 10 games plus single elim playoff for $275, and the better one is 12 games plus 3 game rr tourney for $500 and much better competition.

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
16 games + playoffs, $650.00 Sponsor Fee, $35.00 ea. from out of towners, $3.00 a game for umps. Groundskeeper takes good care but our fields (2) are terrible.

Permacatch

Relegated to 1B
14 games + playoffs, 3 new balls included(ASA), 1 ump, fenced field...tolerable grass & dirt(nothing special) $800.

yem549

Bullpen Catcher
Most parks in Chicago have turned to private companies to run the leagues for them, the parks get paid up front and don't have liability issues, they also rarely do anything to the fields, so games get canceled quite a bit due to unplayable fields. These leagues cost $1200 for 7 games and a single elimination playoff. Balls and umps are provided, but a lot of the umps have had no training and have no clue what they are doing. The few parks that actually run their own leagues are better, My sunday morning league cost $950 for 10 weeks of double headers and a single elimination playoff, balls and umps also provided in this league. Get into the suburbs, costs go down, Umps and fields tend to be much much better.

tiger10kga

Intramural All-Star
We pay $775 for 16 games plus $9 per person as a players fee per season and $20 per game umpire fee per team. Ridiculous!

Stretch19

Grow up
$400 for teams inside the county, $845 for teams outside the county...we played a 12 game regular season schedule, then a 4 team mini tourney while we waited on the other leagues to finish, then playoffs with 9 teams. we got 2 umps per game, bring our own balls and NSA rules, play on these fields....
caps2.jpg

caps3.jpg

caps.jpg

Last edited:

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Most parks in Chicago have turned to private companies to run the leagues for them, the parks get paid up front and don't have liability issues, they also rarely do anything to the fields, so games get canceled quite a bit due to unplayable fields. These leagues cost $1200 for 7 games and a single elimination playoff. Balls and umps are provided, but a lot of the umps have had no training and have no clue what they are doing. The few parks that actually run their own leagues are better, My sunday morning league cost $950 for 10 weeks of double headers and a single elimination playoff, balls and umps also provided in this league. Get into the suburbs, costs go down, Umps and fields tend to be much much better.

Sunday morning double headers for 10 weeks and then one day single elimination playoffs on crap fields with worst umps here are $600. Friday night Utrip league is 10 weeks at $850 on great fields with well trained 2 men umping teams with balls provided. Wednesday night is 10 weeks for $700 on **** fields with decent umping but balls supplied.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I lose:
$1,325 for 20 games + $20/game for the 1 ump on crappy fields (ok, there's 1 good field).
so a grand total of $1,725 for 20 games on mostly crappy fields.

I forgot to mention...most of the umps aren't certified either.

Last edited:

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Your in NY thats about right for the price of some green grass lol

That league is actually in NJ. I think the NYC leagues are a lot cheaper but they use clinchers.

The town leagues in my surrounding towns are cheaper, but the better leagues are during the week when I don't have enough time.

boley18

The Veteran
In southeastern Ohio we pay $410 for 18 games, 1ump, 2 balls per a game, and shiity field. Also ****ty umps. Three years ago we were paying around $300 for 18 games. Our city isn't doing very well so the increased the maintance fee from $30 dollars a team to $105 a team.

bigdog69

the 1 and only
$350 for a 6 week+ champoinship on some of the worste fields man ever created the chalk lines look like 40rod made them and the foul polle is about 5 feet to the left of the actuall line not to mention the pot holes a volts wagon couldnt drive through

House00

Slingin' lead!
$420, high quality grass too...

29bn3np.jpg

25f21ig.jpg

thats a nice field... our league fee was $700 this year for 22 games + playoffs... last year was $1300... ($800 + a manditory raffle for $500) and our field isnt even close to that nice:mad: oh, and that cost doesnt include umps... it did (or is supposed to) include 2 dozen balls. then we have a fall season which is usually $550 for 18 games...

Last edited:

hitBOMBS2

making a ***back
ASA weekday: 22 games, double headers, trump 44/375 balls, 3hrs an inning, crappy field with short fences= $1700
ASA sundays: 16 games, double headers, worth gold dots 44/375, 2 hrs an inning, crappy field, ave. fence= $550
nsa weekdays: 10 games, sometimes double headers, classic M's, 3hrs a game, good fields, ave fence= $1500
utrip weekday: 16 games, double headers, super blues 47/525.......yes. unlimited hrs......yes. $1300
isa weekday: 16 games, double headers, 52/275 somethings, ok field, ave fence, $500

they all include playoffs.

House00

Slingin' lead!
ASA weekday: 22 games, double headers, trump 44/375 balls, 3hrs an inning, crappy field with short fences= $1700
ASA sundays: 16 games, double headers, worth gold dots 44/375, 2 hrs an inning, crappy field, ave. fence= $550
nsa weekdays: 10 games, sometimes double headers, classic M's, 3hrs a game, good fields, ave fence= $1500
utrip weekday: 16 games, double headers, super blues 47/525.......yes. unlimited hrs......yes. $1300
isa weekday: 16 games, double headers, 52/275 somethings, ok field, ave fence, $500

they all include playoffs.

thats alot of ball... i wish i had time to play 4-5 nites... now i get in 2-3 games a week... someday:rolleyes:

lihitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Town ran weeknight U-trip league under the lights.....

750.00 league fee - include 36 game GUARANTEE
1555.00 - Umpire Fees - 2 Umps per game

Privately owned weeknight U-trip league under the lights.....
Approximately the same fees but only 24 games and no guarantee

SilentPete

Addicted to Softballfans
$680 for 10 games + playoffs. Includes umps, a shiny new Gold Dot each game :rolleyes:, and fields that hit into each other.