what do you do when

Pops34

Part Time Player
when struggling at the plate - have not been comfortable the past two weeks and it is really getting frustrating. any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Dan411

Star Player
Slump buster/beer/swing a different bat...but remember, you're out there to have a good time. It's a game. If you still feel frustrated, take a week or two off.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok09WEuwlaQ[/ame]

All you need right there.

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
BP and beer. Biggest thing is to be relaxed. Don't think about where your trying to hit. Just hit it where its pitched.

whogotz

dilligaf?
several options

1 - punch a teammate in the sack
2 - drink a couple beers, yell out "new batting order" then go back to plate regardless of where you are in lineup
3 - relax and focus on a disciplined swing - it will come back to you
4 - remember - game only matters for little while after its over - and then its all about the stories/memories

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
several options

1 - punch a teammate in the sack
2 - drink a couple beers, yell out "new batting order" then go back to plate regardless of where you are in lineup
3 - relax and focus on a disciplined swing - it will come back to you
4 - remember - game only matters for little while after its over - and then its all about the stories/memories

whogotz just went complete philosophical :biggthumpup:

trox

Star Player
A couple pre game drinks to get the give a sheet meter to 0... Then I let my lady Pick the bat I should use and the. I start dik slapping dingerz outta the park

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Slow things down. Follow the ball in and just try to hit the ball and trust your swing to do the rest. Don't worry about where it goes once it leaves your bat, just focus on good contact.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i hate it when peeps try to guide the ball to an area, just hit the effer towards the general area

like i always say, i would rather swing hard and make a hard out than pu ss y one and get out

whogotz

dilligaf?
whogotz just went complete philosophical :biggthumpup:

seriously though - we play a hobby game - win some lose some - hit like a champ, hit like a chump - sun is still going to rise tomorrow.

that being said - i have gone through "i am going to throw this bat into a lake" moments also.

slumpbuster - go back to focusing on mechanics of your swing - after hitting a few solid again - confidence rises again - slump gone

whogotz

dilligaf?
other option - get yourself a SUCKA FREE jersey - then, no matter what you do at the plate - you look like a boss doing it