What Do You Prefer... Day Games Or Night Games

5rings20

The Veteran
Kind of curious, when I first started playing, I loved the idea of playing under the lights, but now I prefer the earlier games.

If the lighting isn't right, sometimes it takes a split second longer pick up, atleast for me, but then again you don't have to deal with the sun... So just a question I was curious if you guys like playing during the day or at night....

I like day games even in hot temperatures simply because my rods suck at adjusting to the dark. The artificial lighting on the field is distracting as well.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear glasses so at some particular parks I get a bad glare and dont like playing at at night. Those are some of the lower quality fields around. For the most part though it doesnt matter

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
doesn't really matter to me. I like day games for the most part, but night games when its hot as **** out.

5rings20

The Veteran
I wear glasses so at some particular parks I get a bad glare and dont like playing at at night. Those are some of the lower quality fields around. For the most part though it doesnt matter

I wear contacts, one game I was out of contacts. Glasses at night=Fail

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll take any night game over any day game around here due to the heat and humidity. The temps at BP today were 92 degree's with 68% humidity=no fun at all. NC summers SUCK here in NC. Night games FTW!

DSNuts48

Badass
Day if it's between 12-5, that's before the sun starts to set around here. On some of the fields when the sun sets it shines right down the 1st base line and I can't see ****. Either way, I'm in the infield and it's lit perfectly.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i prefer day games for sure. only played a few under the lights about 4 years ago. current league doesn't even have lights. as an infielder it doesn't really matter, as an outfielder it was like playing with 6 suns in your eyes instead of just one.

as a side note, considering the sun doesn't set until 9-10pm during jun-aug, i'd also say i prefer day games for the sake of it not being rediculously late

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
day games without a doubt. You are at the mercy of the lights at the fields and they vary greatly at times.

Cubslover

Certified Mother****er
I like day games. Some of the fields here have very low lights and pitches/balls in play can go right through those lights on their way to you.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
sounds like this depends greatly on the quality and location of the lights. the only field i've played on, there is NO WAY the lights were better/less distracting than having the sun on the horizon(let alone high in the sky)

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
Makes no difference to me, I just wanna play some ball. A bad day(or night) at softball > a good day at work!!!

5rings20

The Veteran
Day if it's between 12-5, that's before the sun starts to set around here. On some of the fields when the sun sets it shines right down the 1st base line and I can't see ****. Either way, I'm in the infield and it's lit perfectly.

True, infield under the lights is a lot more fun than outfield under the lights.

richard#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Makes no difference to me, I just wanna play some ball. A bad day(or night) at softball > a good day at work!!!

tru dat^^^^

but under the lights its a little harder(not a lot though) to track the ball in the outfield due to shadow on the underside of the ball

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
the earliest i've ever played a game is an hour or so before dusk and i prefer that to night. i've never had a problem losing the ball in sunlight, but it's happened to me quite a few times under bulbs.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
Night games are my favorite. A lot cooler in the summer time plus I can see the ball better when I'm hitting. No glare or squinting.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I've never played a night game up here. Fields don't have lights, and games that can start at 9:45 that still aren't a problem. I've played some night games when I'm visiting my folks in TX, but it doesn't bother me.

broy7

Triple Double No Assists
Day games for sure . Can't track fly balls in the day let alone night.. Need natural light to even have a chance to catch the ball

5rings20

The Veteran
I've never played a night game up here. Fields don't have lights, and games that can start at 9:45 that still aren't a problem. I've played some night games when I'm visiting my folks in TX, but it doesn't bother me.

How much darkness do you have in the summer?