What do you think.....Would your team enter

NDrobber_03

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking to organize a tournament using the the following format:

Men's, open roster, 10 HR, 44/375 only balls, 1 pitch, double elim.

Prize package would be $100 per team entered, WINNER TAKE ALL.

*One pitch is because I would like to get 20+ team and we only have 3 fields booked.*

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Do a 3 game guarantee...2 pool them single elimination...it ends up to be one more game then what a double elim would be but is way more appealing to teams then a straight double elim

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
I would love to play in that, would be a blast. I like 3gg but not 2 game round robin into single elimination.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally I hate winner take all. Winner take most is fine but if you're the second place team and played through the losers bracket to win bunch of games and come up 1 run short it sucks. Could a just gone home lol.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Do a 3 game guarantee...2 pool them single elimination...it ends up to be one more game then what a double elim would be but is way more appealing to teams then a straight double elim

I disagree......single elim is awful!

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans

I would love to play in that, would be a blast. I like 3gg but not 2 game round robin into single elimination.

3 game guarantee with 1 pool game and double elimination. Not sure about everybody else but our area sets the time at 50min with 1 pitch tournnys. Helps with getting more games in.

lilhoff

Coach
I agree with the two pitch approach. Hate one pitch tournaments. As well if you give 2nd place a small cut I think it will bring in a few more teams.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Just stating what is most effective for me running tournaments and what is commonly used around here.

Lack of Fields are the problem as stated by the OP. You can do a lot with three fields and even more so if you know how to make a bracket. 3 games for $100 sounds a hell of a lot better than a double elim for $100.

blldwg23

Coach

This is the format of about 95% of the tournies we play around here.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Are there any bat restrictions? Sounds like fun, it's a tournament I'd play in. May want to consider money for 2nd and 3rd place teams, would probably draw more teams that way

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
He said the prize package was $100 per team entered.....he never stated what the entry fee is.

Field costs
Ball costs
Umpire costs
Prize of $100 per team entered

I'd say 1-pitch should reduce the cost compared to normal tourneys
2 GG reduces further it as well (most are 3GG as mentioned previously)

Any format that involves single elim sucks!!! Created to get Directors out of there earlier = higher profit margin

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
He said the prize package was $100 per team entered.....he never stated what the entry fee is.

Field costs
Ball costs
Umpire costs
Prize of $100 per team entered

I'd say 1-pitch should reduce the cost compared to normal tourneys
2 GG reduces further it as well (most are 3GG as mentioned previously)

Any format that involves single elim sucks!!! Created to get Directors out of there earlier = higher profit margin

Agreed, I also don't know enough "upper" players to enter and open roster tourney with no mention of bat sanctions

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I probably wouldn't play in it because I'm not good enough and don't know enough players good enough to compete in it around here.
I hate single elimination, and I hate tournaments with seeding/warmup games.
I like 3gg but not 2 game round robin into single elimination.
Word.
give em 2 pitch.. 1 pitch sucks.. other than that i like it
How does 2 pitch work?

Joker

2 pitch is starting with a 2-2 count

2 balls = walk
take a strike or swing and miss = out
2 foul balls = out
ball and a foul = out

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking to organize a tournament using the the following format:

Men's, open roster, 10 HR, 44/375 only balls, 1 pitch, double elim.

Prize package would be $100 per team entered, WINNER TAKE ALL.

*One pitch is because I would like to get 20+ team and we only have 3 fields booked.*

I would, and would prefer a straight double elim than the 3GG ND proposed. I hate those personally.