What does it cost for your league entry?

northshoremb

Addicted to Softballfans
What is the league fees for your team and how many games in your season? We only play 24 league games and guaranteed 3 playoff games for $1200 here. season is only June-Aug. Just trying to get a feel of cost vs games cause our seasons so short

Dan411

Star Player
What is the league fees for your team and how many games in your season? We only play 24 league games and guaranteed 3 playoff games for $1200 here. season is only June-Aug. Just trying to get a feel of cost vs games cause our seasons so short

We have a three season break down here. 22 total games, 8 spring, 8 summer, 6 fall. This costs us $943.40. No playoff games at all :(

northshoremb

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so guess it's roughly same cost as us since ours is canadian. Just didn't have any idea if American leagues in warmer climates played 40, 50, 60 game seasons not including tournies. 24 games is so short for us. We start after the ground dries which is a month after snow melts but ends way to early I think.

fastfinn

Starting Player
Summer is 575 for 14 games plus playoffs. And they supply balls.
Fall is 500 for 12 games plus playoffs. And supplied balls.

But our sponsor pay all our fees for league fees and any tournaments.

northshoremb

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes we get supplied a new ball for all our home games as well so guess there's not much different. Thought maybe bigger cities with couple hundred thousand plus population will have more players and more teams which in turn brings costs down. Are games are 1 and 1 count when you get to the plate and limited to 1 hour games though which suck

Peteycrack

Part Time Player
Spring and Fall is 8 games for $455, no playoffs, which I think is absurd. I can't exactly remember the cost for summer but its 12 games for roughly ~$600, again no playoffs.

phatbodie

Addicted to Softballfans
Out here in the bay its $750 for spring summer fall leagues...then $450 for winter. spring summer fall league consist of 10 games plus playoffs for top four teams, and 5 games plus playoffs for winter ball. We also have two umpires on the field. The league also supplies the balls for the league, it's ASA as well.

chirotob

On Long Island, the USSSA summer league here is $2,599 (not including $75/week umpire fees for a 2 man crew) for a team that plays on weeknights under the lights. 12 weeks of double headers, balls supplied for all home games plus playoffs if you're one of the top 4 teams in your division. It comes out to roughly $270 per player on a 13 man team.

Sunday mornings are $1,725 for the same 12 weeks of double headers with $50 per week for umps (1 man), balls supplied for home games playoffs if you're one of the top 4 teams in your division. That's about $180 per man for a 13 man team.

Last edited:

majicmike

Starting Player
Central NC fall league,,, 475 for 10 games plus playoffs,,,refs are paid out of that and we supply our own balls,

joeym

Manager
Wow that long island fee is ridiculous.... Depending on were we play in our city it's $4-750 for spring/summer for 10-16 games plus playoffs and then fall is $3-550 for 5-8 games plus playoffs.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
$900 for a 12 game season in one league

$745 for a 8 game season in another

Each includes single elimination playoffs

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Men's/Co-Ed - $595 each for Spring/Summer/Fall league. 14 games, plus playoffs. Ump fees are $25 per game. Teams provide balls. Men have option of 12" 52/300 or 44/375. Women hit 11" 44/375. Any 2004 stamp ASA, new stamp ASA or USSSA bats are legal.

Men's/Co-Ed - $750 for Indoor Winter league. 14 games, end of season tournament. Ump fees are $25 per game. Balls provided by league(12" 52/300). Only single wall or wooden bats that are ASA and/or USSSA stamped are legal.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
On Long Island, the USSSA summer league here is $2,599 (not including $75/week umpire fees for a 2 man crew) for a team that plays on weeknights under the lights. 12 weeks of double headers, balls supplied for all home games plus playoffs if you're one of the top 4 teams in your division. It comes out to roughly $270 per player on a 13 man team.

Sunday mornings are $1,725 for the same 12 weeks of double headers with $50 per week for umps (1 man), balls supplied for home games playoffs if you're one of the top 4 teams in your division. That's about $180 per man for a 13 man team.

Those prices are absurd and s rip off to all who play no matter how someone tries to justify the prices

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
I play league at BLD Manteca. They play year round there and have 4 difference sessions. Each session is 10 games plus playoffs, so a potiental 12 games per session. They charge a team fee of $300 per session. Then each player must pay a $30 player fee and there is a min of 12 player per team. So that ends up being another $360 per session. BLD also charges $3 per person to walk in the gates. Thats another $432 per session ($3 x 12 players x 12 games). So each session ends up being about $1092 for a 12 week season. Thats not even counting the BLD Stamped back up balls that each team must supply for each team must supply for each game.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Albuquerque, NM

Spring - 8 games - No playoffs, no balls, mandatory matching tops, 2 umps (most of the time, not a guarantee), 4 weeks, all DHs - $396
Summer - 16 games - No playoffs, no balls, mandatory matching tops, 2 umps (most of the time, not a guarantee), one game a week - $792
Fall - 10 games - No playoffs, no balls, mandatory matching tops, 2 umps (most of the time, not a guarantee), 5 weeks, all DHs - $495

MULuke

League Night Hero
Kansas City, MO (I only play USSSA, don't know what the ASA parks charge) $20/year USSSA sanctioning fee per team

Spring - 10 games/5 weeks DH - No playoffs, supply your own, single ump - $475
Summer - 20 games/10 weeks DH - Playoffs, supply your own balls, single ump - $825
Fall - 10 games/5 weeks DH - No playoffs, supply your own balls, single ump - $475

They also do "Bonus Ball" a few nights a week in the 2 weeks between each session. 5 fields, 10 teams, $80/team, 3gg, winner of upper and lower gets $40 back. Best value in America as far as I'm concerned.

bturk21

Addicted to Softballfans
We have 16 games in fall for $800 with top 4-6 teams in single elimination playoffs (Same for summer ball as well). And for spring ball it is 8 games for $460 with a 4-6 team single elimination playoff

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
Here in abilene Texas we have 3 leagues ( spring summer fall) and on occasion winter leagues.. each league is $400 team fee plus 10 per person with a 10 minimum.. that gets us 8-10 regular season games and up to 3 playoff games single elimination. Gives us 1 ump.. half working scoreboards and we pay $6 per ball with required stamp on ball..

ptc15

Addicted to Softballfans
I run a Usssa league in ct.$1000 a team balls,umps, and supplied bats(Easton L 5.0 they are on fire)are all include.20 games top 8 teams make playoffs. I've been doing it that way for 3 years and have had 13 teams each year. Dh Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and 4 games Friday night. Season starts early May and ends first week of August.

chirotob

Wow that long island fee is ridiculous.... Depending on were we play in our city it's $4-750 for spring/summer for 10-16 games plus playoffs and then fall is $3-550 for 5-8 games plus playoffs.

The LI fees are definitly crazy.

Those prices are absurd and s rip off to all who play no matter how someone tries to justify the prices

Yeah, all of us feel that the prices are out of hand.

I'm not sure how things are run outside of NY, but in NY, most leagues are private leagues not run by the state or county. They're private businesses who have to pay permit fees on county/state parks as well as privately owned fields on school grounds as well, so they're trying to turn a profit on us and it's definitely lucrative for them.

It's definitely very pricey, but I'm noticing that we're paying just over double the amount as most other places but our summer league lasts twice as long (24 game season as opposed to most playing 12-14 games for the summer).

If you want to play cheaply in NY, you need to play in the NYC clincher leagues. Problem is, those fields are horrible. The fields are sandtraps, they're not regularly groomed, they're between 2-4 fields with intersecting outfields and no fences. Those are reasonable, usually around 100 per player for a summer season of about 20-24 games.

djbaldmaninc

Addicted to Softballfans
Spring league was 10 games, double elim playoffs - $200. 18 teams.
Summer league was 28 games, double elim playoffs - $450. 28 teams
Fall league was 16 games, double elim playoffs - $250. 15 teams.
Weeknight leagues varied through the year but average about $200 per season for 20 games give or take.

All leagues have balls supplied by league. Playoff umpires are paid for by league as well. Umpires ranged from $25/game in spring and fall and $30/game summer.

Next year, the umpire fees/game will increase as well as a potential rise in league fees across the board.
Lebanon, PA

*League/umpire costs may be off by a few dollars up or down, totally going off memory = too many damned leagues and fees to keep straight.

Markous

The Rookie
Summer - $275 + $100 Deposit/Balls Included/$25 Ump Fees per week - 14 games + Playoffs
Summer - $275 + $50 Deposit/Balls Included/$25 Ump Fees Per week - 14 games + Playoffs
Fall - $350 + $50 Deposit/Balls Included/$25 Ump Fees per week - 7 Games + Playoffs

Syracuse, NY

seadog

Mr. Automatic #22
I play in a USSSA league in Sheboygan, WI. Our team fees for league are $200 and a $35 player card fee. We play 18 games plus playoffs. Balls and umps are supplied by the league. And we still get people bitching about our league fees.

dbantz

Manager
Muncie, Indiana NSA league. 375 for 10 games (2 a week) with a single elim tourney at the end. Early bird special 275 per session.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
Our coed league is $450. That includes 16 games, umpire fees but balls are extra. Playoffs is double elimination

Men's league is $970. That is 32 games and includes umpire fees. Playoffs is double elimination.

I'm still baffled why it costs an extra $70 for our men's league. I understand doubling the coed amount because of the extra games but I'm baffled what the extra $70 is for.

Kbreal

Starting Player
play ASA rules n ASA only bats. Its year around and $420 a season, 10 games but no playoffs. Every season the team size in each division varies and its only Mon/Tues mens and Thurs coed