What is the best ASA Bat DEAL in the SBF store?

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
SRV4 is also a solid choice. I've swung one that was every bit as hot as most pre-ABI sticks.

db521

Addicted to Softballfans
Sixes sig is intruiging...

How many times I have been asked "what the hell is that" when swinging a TPS Z1000 (ASA): 4

I believe it is because of the sound they make. I believe there is a concensus around here that the z1000 and the new white steels are the worst sounding bats out there.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe it is because of the sound they make. I believe there is a concensus around here that the z1000 and the new white steels are the worst sounding bats out there.

Why is that? Different construction? Not composite?

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I will say that I did notice the Salvo's last year as a hot bat (hit at me!). Color helps in recognition (bat-makers take note).

db521

Addicted to Softballfans
Why is that? Different construction? Not composite?

The white steel is a metal, and it makes this kind of "doing" sound when you hit it.

The z1000 is a composite. I think its sound comes from the discs they have put inside the barrel to keep it within the ASA limits. You can look up youtube vids to hear it. It is just a different sound.

The white steel is a metal, and it makes this kind of "doing" sound when you hit it.

The z1000 is a composite. I think its sound comes from the discs they have put inside the barrel to keep it within the ASA limits. You can look up youtube vids to hear it. It is just a different sound.

The discs retard the bat down?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Coach is the administrator on this site. He also can get you deals on bats better than they are advertised in the store.

If you're wanting hot out of the wrapper, the SB98 is your best choice imo. 50 hits into mine and I feel its already gamer worthy. It is in fact a no-return bat but I haven't seen a single person comment on their durability yet.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to know. I had ruled that out before for this reason.

What was issue with U-Trip?

Also, don't both bats/orgs have the same 1.2 BPF (?) standard for rebound/hotness? What is difference between them then? Confusing...

The asa stick has disk it it to not allow the barrel to flex past the point at which the bbs would be over 98 mph. The Utrip has no disk.

tbrant77

Addicted to Softballfans
I am going to say SB98. I only have around 75 swings on mine and it is my gamer. I believe it is the best post ABI bat out there.

Jubei

Coach
I just wanna know one thing from the guys that are claiming how good their Freak DST is, what bat were you using before you bought the Freak DST? Miken makes a great bat but I'm sorry the Freak DST is trash.

ISLANDGROWN

Addicted to Softballfans
the 454 will hold the $300 price because it is a new release,can't go wrong with the Easton ssr2(stealth)or the z1000.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
SB98

/thread

i like this one COMBAT SCOTT BROWN 98 $179....no warranty but real good bat cause Teddersx6 and mattkat said so (sbf employees)

now for $299 you can get your hands on the new Easton Synergy Speed Srv4 right out of wrapper i was hittin missiles....so if money isnt an issue i would say the srv4 but you cant go wrong with the SB98 either....both are new this year to my bag and happy with both

jbrennan51488

Addicted to Softballfans
I just wanna know one thing from the guys that are claiming how good their Freak DST is, what bat were you using before you bought the Freak DST? Miken makes a great bat but I'm sorry the Freak DST is trash.

exactly! unless they have only hit an older bat when its brand new. I suppose the DST is comparable with a recoil or freak 98 for maybe a few hundred hits. But get a recoil over 1000 hits and it is hitting better than any dst ever will(unless altered maybe). The DST will be almost done for, and the recoil will have 1000+ hits on it.