What is the coldest temp you would hit your Miken

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just curious to what is the coldest temp in which you would continue to hit your bat? I've got a brand new Izzy Psycho and I don't want to swing it in anything less than 65 degrees. Am I being too cautious here?

Michael76706

Addicted to Softballfans
Whatever the temp is when we're playing. I'm not worried about many bats breaking. I personally have never seen a new unalterd bat break from regular swings. Not that it don't happen but I just haven't seen it yet. We played in a winter league in freezing temps and I didn't hear of any teams having problems with breaking bats.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
OG Miken's I have swung in the low 20's with no issues hitting 44/400 balls, both the ball and bat were stored indoors prior to use. Just keep th bat indoors prior to use and try to make sure the balls are "slightly" warm to the touch not freezing cold.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
the OG's were tanks. as for the new ones if you have a receipt swing away till she is in 2 pieces.

ddd

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swung my recoil in below freezing temps... Things are tanks...

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
I swung my OG Freak+ in a double header Friday night and it was 36 degrees at gametime. The OG Mikens were tanks and that's why they will always be in my bag.
Freak+ for NSA and Freak98 & NRG500 for ASA.
All 3 bats with 2000+ hits and still going strong!!

BigSwede

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a game here in MN this Friday night and forecast is looking like low 30's, report to follow on how our new Mikens hold up.