What is the difference between the 2014, 2015 & 2016 DC41's?

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking to purchase a DC41 and I found a very inexpensive 2015 version but I was wondering if this was a bad year for the bat?

Is the 2016 version better than the 2015 or the same?

Any first hand knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated. It has been a few years between bat purchases.

I know that "red knob" 2014 version is a great bat as well as the black knob one's that soon followed of the same year.

I am wondering what the thoughts are of the 2015's and the 2016's models that followed?

SandyWH

#Delicious
A) should search the Miken section. I've seen these threads in there before.
B) Alot would depend on feel, but I have teammates that would rank them as follows
2016 (camo)
2015 RI (white)
2014 (red knob)
2015 (black)

IMD28

The Veteran
The 2015 never caught on the way the others have. It seemed to have a heavier endload and swing like a sledge. Most that I have talked to would rank them 2014, then RI, then this year (Camo), then the black one from 2015.

SandyWH

#Delicious
The 2015 never caught on the way the others have. It seemed to have a heavier endload and swing like a sledge. Most that I have talked to would rank them 2014, then RI, then this year (Camo), then the black one from 2015.
See, its all in the feel!
Could ask 10 guys and get 10 different lists

IMD28

The Veteran
They can't seem to get rid of the '15s at retailers here. They keep having to mark them down which is not something we saw with the OG or RI.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans

This is probably the general consensus. I for one love the 2015, the end load is ridiculous but that feels best for me.

Dan411

Star Player
My buddies 2015 felt waaaaay different than my red knob/og. Almost like a different bat. We put lots of hits on it and it just never really performed the same. Barrel even felt different to me, with certainly more noticeable end load. He sent it back for a loose knob and Miken sent him the 2016. It's a 26 and you can still feel the end load more than my 2013, but the barrel feels similar, and has that springboard feeling to it. Good feedback on hits, which I thought the 2015 lacked.

From my personal experience the red bubble knob and the black knob RI swing fairly similar...they both are far more durable (pass compression longer too) than the recent DCs

last year's DC didn't take as long to break in and was a very good bat

this year's DC doesn't need to be broken in and is also a good bat

2spdturbo

Addicted to Softballfans
comparing 26oz dc41's... 16-dc41 was the hottest for me. 14-dc41red knob felt more balance for a 26oz. once they are all broken in i would pick the 16-dc41 because the endload and crush 52/300 the best

alteredzx

Bazinga
I got a few of these. And I guess I am same as some and different as a few. lol!

I loved the red knob, The whole bat just felt great and when broken in was lights out. The RI is just as good, just need to give it more time. I feel like it has a little bit more EL to it but not much. The Black 15 is just plain flat out stupid hot. My gamer has close to 1500 hits on it and crushes anything you send its way. I have 9 of these, in case one breaks. The EL is not that bad. The barrell feels great. The camo feels good, but for some reason its just doesnt feel the same to me even though Denny told me they were the same bat. If you have a retailer not moving them, let me know please.

black 15
Red Knob
RI
Camo

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
Love how every answer has been different! LOL

When ranking, I put the black 15 up there with the last 1-piece from 2013 (white one). Takes a while to open up, and has a smaller sweet spot than the 14/RI/Camo, but when you hit the sweet spot, it freaking travels. I've hit some crazy long homers when I connected on the 2013, and to me, the 2015 feels exactly the same, just a little more handle flex from being a 2-piece.

My ranking goes:
RI 2014
Camo 2016
Red Knob 2014
Black 2015
White 2013

Not barely seperated either...2014 and 2016's are much hotter IMO, break in quicker, and have a much more forgiving sweet spot. 2015 felt so much like my 2013, and nothing like the 2014s, that I was a little confused to be honest. JMO, obviously, everyone has felt completely different on these. :)

joeym

Manager
Love how every answer has been different! LOL

When ranking, I put the black 15 up there with the last 1-piece from 2013 (white one). Takes a while to open up, and has a smaller sweet spot than the 14/RI/Camo, but when you hit the sweet spot, it freaking travels. I've hit some crazy long homers when I connected on the 2013, and to me, the 2015 feels exactly the same, just a little more handle flex from being a 2-piece.

My ranking goes:
RI 2014
Camo 2016
Red Knob 2014
Black 2015
White 2013

Not barely seperated either...2014 and 2016's are much hotter IMO, break in quicker, and have a much more forgiving sweet spot. 2015 felt so much like my 2013, and nothing like the 2014s, that I was a little confused to be honest. JMO, obviously, everyone has felt completely different on these. :)

That 2013 shouldn't ever be mentioned again. It was complete garbage...

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
Og red
Ri

Og/ri will hold the best on compression and sounds like a shotgun. 15 best out was the black and much more comparable to the white dc41 2 piece

Masher816

Addicted to Softballfans
I did hit the DC Psycho, but never the gray 2012. I had the 2011 MV3 that was absolute fire, so never hit the 2012 gray.

When the new Utrip stamp came, I bought a 2013 DC41 from a guy who thought it was too heavy...probably put 1000 cuts on it before it opened up. Sweet spot was tiny, but the bat wasnt "terrible". That said, the only reason why I still have it is to swing during REALLY cold weather, doesnt stand up to any 2 piece utrip bats I've swung. I'd guarantee my 16 ASA DC41 is hotter than the 2013 hitting classic Ms.