What new Demarini ASA bat is similar to the CL5 Legend?

jefflam79

Get away from that Bat!!!
The Legend was the best Demarini bat I have ever hit. It fit my swing perfectly. I am going to be playing in an ASA bat league hitting Demarini Lightning USSSA Classic balls (44/325 I think). Having not played any ASA in nearly 3 years, I may look into getting a new bat. I do have an OG One.12 (red one) but was never really happy with it the way I was with the Legend. Are any of the recent ASA bats even close in feel and swing weight to the Legend?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to say no.

the j3a is the 'softest' I've hit with, and it's WAY stiffer(barrel) than the legend was.

for what it's worth, I hit better and farther with the j3a than I ever did with the legend, haha

jefflam79

Get away from that Bat!!!
Thanks for the input. I may have to see if I can find one to try out. How is the durability on that J3a?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the input. I may have to see if I can find one to try out. How is the durability on that J3a?

I'm not the one to answer that, I never break bats. so far it's been no different me, I hit whatever, whenever, and it still looks new

I have zero experience with one, but I've heard the future described as legend-ish once or twice. might be worth looking into

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Durability is good on all except the 26's... They've been known to have some issues; but 27 and up is :bigok:

TRaj2327

The SBF JuggyCL22 may be a good option for you. The 26 oz isn't really endloaded at all like they claim.

SPY

Banned User
I also think the Cluggy has about the same feel as the Legend. The Legend is a sick bat IMO.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing touches the blessed creation of the LEGEND in my eyes...............
That being said, I too found the SBF Cluggy close after some swings.