What should I offer for a lightly used SCX14?

Gabonayez

Coach
This past Thursday, one of my teammates busted out an SCX14 before the game, during "bat talk". I had no idea he had the bat, as he never takes it out of his bag. He swings a Worth 454 and was expressing his disinterest with Eastons.

He said, "I've been carrying this thing around for over a year. I put like... 20 swings on it and decided I didn't like Eastons."

So now I'm contemplating offering to buy it, as I'm sure he has only experienced the "log" stage that most Eastons start out in.

My Salvo is starting to heat up and I can feel the contact becoming a lot more solid.

My question(s) is/are...

Should I buy this (in his opinion) "throw-away bat"?

What should I offer? (He is a teammate, but I don't want to be that douche that thinks I can grab it for $25 just because he doesn't use it and still lugs it around)

I'm sorry, I don't know whether this is a first or second batch, as we only talked about it for a minute or so.

Thanks

Gabonayez

Coach
Trueness.

I think I might just ask him what he wants for it, and see if it's in my price range. I don't really want to ask him to take the grip off, only to see its a first batch and then not buy it from him.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Trueness.

I think I might just ask him what he wants for it, and see if it's in my price range. I don't really want to ask him to take the grip off, only to see its a first batch and then not buy it from him.

1st batch is one of the worst bats ever and not worth buying at all imo unless it's returnable in which case you should just break it to get the replacement. 2nd batch is a very good bat and would be worth snagging if you could get it for a good deal.

Gabonayez

Coach
My point exactly. Lol. But it would really suck if I showed interest in the bat only to find out its a first batch and a POS. Now he's stuck with a POS bat that has to be re-gripped. Ehhh...

ISLANDGROWN

Addicted to Softballfans
the batch is gonna be the clincher on this bat! see if he will let you take off grip to check,or if price is good take a chance.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
You can peel back a grip just enough to see if the serial number starts w/ 8 and then put it back on.. it will still stick.