What stamp is this??

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Background, this is on an old ASA recoil, the ASA stamps are about 60%, which is fine......

I bought the bat used on here, and it's got the following stamp on it. I know it's an ASA stamp, but my question is, is it an "official" recert stamp from ASA?

Just wondering as the ump was checking bats, picked it up and said it was GTG cause it had the new stamp on it.....I know it's not the "new" stamp and pointed out where the 2004 stamps were, he said he'd never seen them on the end of the bat before, but that it was GTG.

Anyway, is this any sort of official stamping?

Not a big deal as the others are still visible, just wondering is all. If this isn't a recert stamp, what does one look like?

Joker

as far as i know, ASA doesn't have anything official thats a sticker. i do know they did not recert any old stamp bats

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it does look like a nice high quality hologram sticker. doesn't mean it's official or anything tho.

That sticker would be a state's official sticker that the bat passed compression testing before it's tournament. Most of the national tourney stickers will also include the year as well.

batboy_2006

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a blue hologram sticker like that on a bat I sold a teammate. Guy I got the bat from said it passed testing at a tourney he was at and they threw that sticker on there. It had no date or location written on it either.

CATMAN18

GET SINISTER
I played in some ASA tourneys a few years back where they weighed our bats and sticker ed them. Same kind of sticker but was only meant for the current tourney that's why no dates on them.

RealDK

Audience of One
its a pass sticker. any asa tourneys atleast in pa/oh they do a compression test and if a bat passes it gets a sticker if it fails it doesnt that way the umps know at the start of every game and every at bat if a bat has been tested and passed. i have same sticker on my srv5b and og flex from asa states we played in a few years ago

Mitch

Addicted to Softballfans
Same here. Local tourney put them on for the weekend. Mine is still there. Might be a little hard to see.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league uses them for compression testing. Sticker has asa and the year. Like said before, your ump has no clue. You could proabaly put the sticker on a freak and he would let it slide.

ELSoftballClub

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is Michigan, I've gotten that same sticker at ASA state tournaments once the bat passes compression testing. For leagues, we get those same stickers but they have the ASA district number printed over the holographic ASA logo.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
as far as i know, ASA doesn't have anything official thats a sticker. i do know they did not recert any old stamp bats

There's a recertification etching from the recertification fiasco. When ASA had a lot of people F up their bats and cost companies a lot of money. And before they then said never mind, you don't have to recertify anymore. The middle logo on a bat pretty much means it's been neutered.

ASA_certified_zpscaed1972.gif

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I had one on my PST B&G. It seems that the first run didn't have an ASA stamp on the bat so when I bought one used it didn't have an ASA stamp on it, so I went to our local ASA office and had it tested and they put a sticker on it so I could use it in ASA events.

Miken put the ASA stamp in the worst place on the Recoil and some of the players in our league had theirs down after having their bats tossed from a tournament because you could see the ASA stamp on the end with all the bag scratches.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^^^As I stated earlier.

And whatever the dude said about getting it after they weigh them makes no sense to me. What good would weighing them do? I have NEVER heard of that.

Some of the local dipsticks that shave their bats say that when people accuse their bats of being shaved. "Weigh i then", as if that's proof it's stock.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
There's a recertification etching from the recertification fiasco. When ASA had a lot of people F up their bats and cost companies a lot of money. And before they then said never mind, you don't have to recertify anymore. The middle logo on a bat pretty much means it's been neutered.

ASA_certified_zpscaed1972.gif

Looks like you found an old graphic. By rule, the logo in the middle is not valid for ASA. Only the outer two marks and the newer 2013 mark are valid in ASA Slow Pitch.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Tourney sticker maybe?

^^^^
This.

ASA rotates the color, shape, and design of the holographic sticker for various tournaments. These stickers are placed on bats after they've been inspected (and sometimes compression tested).

/thread