What to do in this situation.

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok here is the deal. We have a guy that has played for us the past 5 or 6 years. The first year of having the team everyone payed for their own jersey pants and the sponsor got us hats. The past few years we have held a raffle to help costs of merchandise or tournaments for the team. The first year we got a second jersey and pants this came out to about $90 per player plus tournaments. The next year we got everyone a nice Tackle twill button up jacket. These jackets were well over $100 a player. With last years raffle we purchased everyone a pair of Boombah pants midway through the season and I just ordered jerseys bag tags and coozies through Red-Eye Sports. Well we have one guy who lets be honest has not done his share and has been in this for just a free ride. He has sold maybe 3 or 4 tickets each time we have done this out of 16 each player gets. He told me he is leaving the team to go play with other guys next year. I have talked to other guys on the team and no one thinks he should get to keep the pants and we should give them to the guy coming to take his spot. I asked him if he would take $20 and give us the pants back which I think is more than fair as they didn't cost him anything anyways and he didn't do his share to begin with. He is being a real tit baby about it and says he is not giving the pants back. What do you guys think.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Did he wear the pants since you guys got them this last season? Who would want used pants back?

Also, why just the pants?

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Its in my signature. We play mostly central WI. All local guys who grew up together

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
The guy we are bringing on is not very well off and can't afford a new set himself so we were talking about this to help him out. They were worn for maybe 2 games so they are pretty much brand new. We ordered them midseason but it took a little while to get them.

tattt3

Coach
Did he wear the pants since you guys got them this last season? Who would want used pants back?

Also, why just the pants?

Thats what im thinking! id say thanks but I'll buy some,no worries........pants dont run that much...........but with that said,he is being a a$$,there is always 1 on every team

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
The guy we are bringing on is not very well off and can't afford a new set himself so we were talking about this to help him out. They were worn for maybe 2 games so they are pretty much brand new. We ordered them midseason but it took a little while to get them.

I can understand that I guess, but why just the pants? Wouldn't the new guy want the nice jacket also?

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
The jackets were all made with names on them as well as number so it would be useless to the new guy. The old jerseys same thing. Our new jerseys I had made with a sponsor on the nameplate so we can use them for anyone who joins. As far as used pants there are people who sell these all the time on ebay and even in the sales section here on this forum. I don't see a problem with asking for a pair of pants back that have been worn a few times since the guy doesn't deserve them anyways.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
The jackets were all made with names on them as well as number so it would be useless to the new guy. The old jerseys same thing. Our new jerseys I had made with a sponsor on the nameplate so we can use them for anyone who joins. As far as used pants there are people who sell these all the time on ebay and even in the sales section here on this forum. I don't see a problem with asking for a pair of pants back that have been worn a few times since the guy doesn't deserve them anyways.

Fair enough. What you really need to do is find a new guy with the same build, last name, and favorite number as the ex-teammate:D

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I guess so but if I can't get the pants I am sure I would not be able to get the other stuff either. Too bad it didn't have first name on it because both of their first names are Matt and they are taking the same number so it would have worked out if I could get my hands on the stuff. There are other guys who have busted their a$$ for this team and getting all the nice things that are very very unhappy with the situation. The guy had to have known he wasn't playing but waited until just after we handed out the pants to let us all know and by then it was to late because he already had them. The worst part is my fiance hemmed them for him as a favor because he didn't know anyone who could do it for him.

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
I say you break in his house and steal the pants. If that isn't your thing then wait till he is wearing them, give a kid $10 to throw water balloons with vinager and mustard in them at him to ruin them.

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
My though was to take a pair of scissors when he is sitting in the bleachers and cut the hell out of the pants lol

jrockdog

Splittin Gaps
let him go and the hell with the pants, cut your losses. Put aside a few bucks from new fundraising and sponsor money and get the new guy what he needs.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Take the $20 put it towards another pair of pants. Tell the other Guy peace out wish him luck and let it be.

jessie

Real solution #11
Let him go, not worth the hassle over some pants...lifes too short. I agree with jrockdog on helping the new guy get the gear he needs, good idea.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
you asked for the pants and he said no, move on, cut your losses

agreed, just win a tourney next year and buy a new pair of pants then with that money....move on get over it, all that BS and stress for a pair of pants...Really???

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah looks like we will be getting a new pair it just sucks that a guy who doesn't deserve a pair has them but nothing we can do so time to move forward

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah looks like we will be getting a new pair it just sucks that a guy who doesn't deserve a pair has them
Then why did you give them to him in the first place? ;)

But in all seriousness, have you tried hitting him?

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
I say you break in his house and steal the pants. If that isn't your thing then wait till he is wearing them, give a kid $10 to throw water balloons with vinager and mustard in them at him to ruin them.

So now these are your only options the way it is panning out.

hinzy

}}i{{
Pants are from last year so he keeps the pants.... doesn't matter how much he personally does for the raffles.
I'm assuming you didn't set any rules as far as "you have to sell all 16 tickets in order to get your pants"

Not everyone is going to do the same amount of work on the team. Does the manager deserve more than the next guy just because he manages? It's called being a TEAM and fundraising as a TEAM effort.

If you had a problem with how much certain people do for fundraising, make them buy the tickets themselves upfront and then in order to get their money back they need to sell them.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
You keep saying stuff like "he doesn't deserve a pair" yet you're a talking about a guy who's been on the team for 6 years? I'd love to hear his take on the situation.....I bet it goes something like this: "I carried that team for years, put up with egomaster fastz telling us how great we have it because he's such an awesome sponsor, I finally find a team that can compete in these E tournements and z comes at me like "I need the pants bro". Sour grapes. F that. You ain't gettin em u ungrateful sumbotch. Wait til I see u in spring states, I'm crushing middles."

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
You keep saying stuff like "he doesn't deserve a pair" yet you're a talking about a guy who's been on the team for 6 years? I'd love to hear his take on the situation.....I bet it goes something like this: "I carried that team for years, put up with egomaster fastz telling us how great we have it because he's such an awesome sponsor, I finally find a team that can compete in these E tournements and z comes at me like "I need the pants bro". Sour grapes. F that. You ain't gettin em u ungrateful sumbotch. Wait til I see u in spring states, I'm crushing middles."
You got it all exactly spot on except I am not the sponsor nor do I really care one way or another it is many other guys who have been selling more than there share of tickets and always there to play that don't want him to have them. I came on here posting to get opinions I got them and he is keeping his pants. We felt as a team that if he was no longer playing with us that his replacement should have them as I stated above he cannot afford to buy some as he has hit a hard patch in his life. That is all we are all still friends no hate here just trying to get opinions and I highly doubt he would say he carried the team and if so then so be it. As far as the ego master comment keep trying to pass that on to another as it looks like you have that title pretty well in wraps you class A sob

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Then why did you give them to him in the first place? ;)

But in all seriousness, have you tried hitting him?

I don't know why he got the pants. We like to look like a team even though we not be the greatest team. We don't want to look like a thrown together group. We ordered and handed out the pants to everyone and then he told us he was not playing with us next year a little while later. We are cutting our losses and will be getting the new guy a pair of his own.

Bang his sister...
Would be an option however he is an only child, maybe his mother or girlfriend will have to do.

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major
Ok here is the deal. We have a guy that has played for us the past 5 or 6 years. The first year of having the team everyone payed for their own jersey pants and the sponsor got us hats. The past few years we have held a raffle to help costs of merchandise or tournaments for the team. The first year we got a second jersey and pants this came out to about $90 per player plus tournaments. The next year we got everyone a nice Tackle twill button up jacket. These jackets were well over $100 a player. With last years raffle we purchased everyone a pair of Boombah pants midway through the season and I just ordered jerseys bag tags and coozies through Red-Eye Sports. Well we have one guy who lets be honest has not done his share and has been in this for just a free ride. He has sold maybe 3 or 4 tickets each time we have done this out of 16 each player gets. He told me he is leaving the team to go play with other guys next year. I have talked to other guys on the team and no one thinks he should get to keep the pants and we should give them to the guy coming to take his spot. I asked him if he would take $20 and give us the pants back which I think is more than fair as they didn't cost him anything anyways and he didn't do his share to begin with. He is being a real tit baby about it and says he is not giving the pants back. What do you guys think.

Are we back in 1980? I didn't even know they still made Tackle twill button up jackets.

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
We must be. These jackets were something our sponsor really wanted us to get so we went ahead and did them. They turned out great. They might not be for everyone but our team likes them.