What would be your perfect grail glove?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Conversation starter while we're still trying to figure out what 1B mitt to order.....:D

For you guys who have had enough gloves in your possession to know which one would be the one! I know you Mizuno guys have to have a favorite Pro-Limited model you'd love to own, one that'll probably never be available.

And like Captain10's post on a PI ST 1781, definitely a hard to find grail. This includes a glove that there's a pretty good chance it'll never ever be made.

I've said here many many times (probably too many times) that I'd love to have something that's not an RV23, but has a RV web. Like a NP6 or a 207, something along that size glove with a RV23 web.

I think I'm finally over that.....my grail glove is pretty simple now, a Horween NP6 with a I-web and black embroidery! Of course with all the old school goodies, traditional patch & logos, split welting, VG stitching. Maybe something along the lines of a Morton exclusive? A glove I absolutely know will never happen!

Let's hear it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
My Glovesmith 13" is pretty close. Bart made tis one with a smaller hand opening, more adjustment with the thumb loop, and a pinkie loop. However, I wear it TIP and the finger hole is in the wrong place for that. So I have an order in for a new one, with the finger hole moved over. Also, I sent him some merino wool shearling that he is going to use.
I love basket webs, but this one is just a bit too short for the glove. So the next one will have an H web.
yDdLRp8.jpg

7XsZVwV.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
@Rous, how long has it been on order? Got to say, I'm shocked that you ordered a H-web!
I was hoping this great tan leather they had recently had might become available again. No luck. So this one will be black.

Yeah, I am also a fan of the mod trap with base, but the H will make the lightest possible glove. I wish the had a basket web pattern that was 1/2" longer!

Conversation starter while we're still trying to figure out what 1B mitt to order.....:D

How long has it been now? more than a month. I think someone is looking for one of you collectors to get tired, give in, and send him a free mitt.............................. i had given up until i saw your new post. I know you guys have plenty of nice leather lying around, come on help him out!!!!??

Let's hear it.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
PRO205-20 all horween.

I see Rawlings has discontinued the "Gold Glove Series" while the odds are slim, I hope this leads to maybe a classic line of gloves made with horween or of course let us customize!

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
That’s pretty sexy as is. Is that J-tan? I know I said H-web earlier but I almost think I would prefer a mod-trap. I feel it allows the pocket to be more versatile vs an H-web because of the base of the web.

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That’s pretty sexy as is. Is that J-tan? I know I said H-web earlier but I almost think I would prefer a mod-trap. I feel it allows the pocket to be more versatile vs an H-web because of the base of the web.

Yep, Jtan, that’s last years RGGC that took six months to get, there was three of those made total.

I know you originally said a H-web, if somehow Chad could be convinced to order a batch of Horween NP6’s with a H-web I’d be all over it! My other custom NP6 is a H-web and it’s a noticeably larger glove all the way around then my I-web glove! It’s a really big 12” glove!

Wish more guys would try out the NP6, those other two members who ordered last years RGGC with me have told me more than once how much they love theirs!

I’m really not a mod-trap fan, but honestly I’ve never owned one, so who knows?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I wish Chad could get a small batch of 6s. I got the Horween NP7 I-web SBF offered but it was just too big for baseball. Works great for slow pitch though. Was looking for something similar in size to my old Adrian Beltre glove which was a PRONP5TLB stock offering a few years back. It’s weird though it played big for a NP5. More like a 12”-12 1/4”. I did a custom order a year ago for an NP5 to duplicate it. And my suspicions were correct that it was much shorter than the retail offering of the past. That’s why I jumped on the 7. And like I said too big. So I’m thinking/hoping the 6 will be perfect. I love the way NPs open and close along with how the pocket forms. I’ve also tried the DMs 1000 and just not a fan of the pocket with the welt and rounded off deeper pocket. Prefer the shallower pocket with fold over stitched section in the pocket.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Yeah I wish Chad could get a small batch of 6s. I got the Horween NP7 I-web SBF offered but it was just too big for baseball. Works great for slow pitch though. Was looking for something similar in size to my old Adrian Beltre glove which was a PRONP5TLB stock offering a few years back. It’s weird though it played big for a NP5. More like a 12”-12 1/4”. I did a custom order a year ago for an NP5 to duplicate it. And my suspicions were correct that it was much shorter than the retail offering of the past. That’s why I jumped on the 7. And like I said too big. So I’m thinking/hoping the 6 will be perfect. I love the way NPs open and close along with how the pocket forms. I’ve also tried the DMs 1000 and just not a fan of the pocket with the welt and rounded off deeper pocket. Prefer the shallower pocket with fold over stitched section in the pocket.
Would love to compare your Beltre NP5 to my NP5PRO Spring Trainer, which I think is a huge 11.75” glove, all around a larger glove than a 12” Pro1000!

Sounds to me like a NP6 I-web might be right up your alley, cause my custom NP6 with the H-web is honestly very close in size the my Horween NP7.

Here with a baseball.0BDCB513-9EB6-4E17-A291-DEE739243920.jpeg

And here with a NP7.
20AD34DB-AF96-4021-94A5-C070D65AADC4.jpeg 87AC6E55-1EE0-49F3-BB84-BD329BAA2CE1.jpeg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Comparing the NP6 to a Pro1000, which size wise is no comparison! In hand you’d never think they’re both 12” gloves!
53C8E4C9-A83C-43E7-8F30-8E703738FB82.jpeg

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
See... now that’s just crazy.
NP7-too big for liking

NP5 Custom- played like a true 11.75” and a touch small

PRONP5TLB- Labeled as 12” and was perfect even though an NP5 is 11.75”

Pics of your custom NP6- almost
Looks too big also and makes me question if that’s gonna be my favorite as I thought it would be similar to the PRONP5TLB.

So... I guess I should say my favorite is a PRONP5TLB and what ever is comparable today to that. It is almost like it’s in between a custom NP5 and NP6. Like they changed the dies a touch since then.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Almost seems like there is a big gap between an NP5 and NP6 and not the 1/4” that the glove says. Or the custom NP5 I got a year ago was just messed up and small for some reason

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Almost seems like there is a big gap between an NP5 and NP6 and not the 1/4” that the glove says. Or the custom NP5 I got a year ago was just messed up and small for some reason

Give me a little and I’ll take some comparison pics between my NP5 & NP6 I-web.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
That collection is nice, I think I may have got shafted on my NP5 because that looks like a much better size. Is that a custom or was it the limited horween that came out a while back?