What's the best Combat bat for ASA?

Kernsoftball

My buddy and i have Gotten Helmer and Baker out of the return policy so No the Ronin was made as the cheap option instead of any mainline bats they have out. Its also their Dual Stamp Bat

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy and i have Gotten Helmer and Baker out of the return policy so No the Ronin was made as the cheap option instead of any mainline bats they have out. Its also their Dual Stamp Bat
^^^^^ This
You can basically get anything, they just try and match your broken Combat to the closest Easton they have in stock...

ZacJohann

I just had a bad experience. That’s all.

The one piece NR Ronin arrived today. I’m pretty bummed about it. Worthless.

Wasn’t trolling. My bad.

What did you send in? I sent in a 2016 Greinart(sp?) and got back a Wegman. I sent in a Extinction and got back the Baker.

ShortYellowBus

^^^^^ This
You can basically get anything, they just try and match your broken Combat to the closest Easton they have in stock...

I was gaming a Greinert 275 dual stamp that was launching 360-390 foot bombs with 75 swings. PED went loose at the 100 swing mark.

I made a phone call and they weren’t interested in negotiations.

Sent it in and they sent me a 1-piece Ronin NR.

Yuck.

ZacJohann

I was gaming a Greinert 275 dual stamp that was launching 360-390 foot bombs with 75 swings. PED went loose at the 100 swing mark.

Yuck.
Did you ask what you where getting back when you called and set up the return? If they told me I was getting a Ronin back I would have told them to keep it and just used my damaged one for BP.

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans

Yuck.
Ronin is their dual stamp...

Should have fought harder or talked to someone else. Now that it’s not busy season they’re a bit more picky.

Kernsoftball

Why yall Knocking the ronin ive used it before and have the 2 piece of it. Had the 1 piece and was pleased with its performance opened up around 150 swings and was white fire when i sold it

ZacJohann

Why yall Knocking the ronin ive used it before and have the 2 piece of it. Had the 1 piece and was pleased with its performance opened up around 150 swings and was white fire when i sold it
Fair enough. I'm just making assumptions. Guess I shouldn't do that though considering my favorite bat ever was a Combat. Lol

Kernsoftball

Fair enough. I'm just making assumptions. Guess I shouldn't do that though considering my favorite bat ever was a Combat. Lol
Right i had a Demo version of the Ronin and it was Fire hit 52s great. 2 piece is a 13 inch barrel and the 1 piece is 12inch one of the best out the wrapper eastons though until the Baker and Helmer Flex came. But also its 60 dollars cheaper lol

ZacJohann

Right i had a Demo version of the Ronin and it was Fire hit 52s great. 2 piece is a 13 inch barrel and the 1 piece is 12inch one of the best out the wrapper eastons though until the Baker and Helmer Flex came. But also its 60 dollars cheaper lol
I may pick one up just to play with. I currently game a est xl and it's just stupid how hot that thing is. I have the baker also that is going to need breaking in. Would you suggest the 1 or 2 piece?

Kernsoftball

I may pick one up just to play with. I currently game a est xl and it's just stupid how hot that thing is. I have the baker also that is going to need breaking in. Would you suggest the 1 or 2 piece?
Depends do you want a 13 inch barrel or a 12 inch? I love my 2 piece and it would be a good bat to pick up for Winter or cold weather so you dont break that est

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
How can we forget the red Portent? It is my current ASA gamer and it has about 2 inches of end cap wear. It keeps or surpasses up with the Monstards, Freak Platinmums, Aftermaths. Granted it takes a while to get there but once it does watch out.

Yesterday we had a doubleheader I only used my Portent. I went 7-8 for both games with 2 bombs in the second game, a 2 run and a grand salami. Right after the first HR the guys on the other team were chirping "That bat sounds nice, a little too nice!" fools don't know how loud the Combat CRACK is. So my next AB I had bases loaded and one guy shouted "Just give it to him he can't hit a HR every time!" and I deposited the ball in the palm trees a good 350ish feet away. I know, I know cool story bruh, EAD and GTFO. For the record we get compression tested and it still passes.

Normy

Yesterday we had a doubleheader I only used my Portent. I went 7-8 for both games with 2 bombs in the second game, a 2 run and a grand salami. Right after the first HR the guys on the other team were chirping "That bat sounds nice, a little too nice!" fools don't know how loud the Combat CRACK is. So my next AB I had bases loaded and one guy shouted "Just give it to him he can't hit a HR every time!" and I deposited the ball in the palm trees a good 350ish feet away. I know, I know cool story bruh, EAD and GTFO. For the record we get compression tested and it still passes.
Does the 2015 Portent produce similar results once fully broke in? Was thinking about picking one up since they're going so cheap right now. The red Portent is about as elusive as the orange DBA.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Does the 2015 Portent produce similar results once fully broke in? Was thinking about picking one up since they're going so cheap right now. The red Portent is about as elusive as the orange DBA.

I believe that's the white/orange Portent. Personally I have never swung it but if it's anything like the Derby Boys of the same year it'll be good, I think people gave up on it too quickly because of the hot out of the wrapper bats. My brother in-law has the Derby Boys and it is very good too and it took a while to open up but the reward was worth the wait. Any recent Combat is good to be honest, the Rogo, baby blue Greinert, any Oliveira, dual stamp G5 is lights out too. I suggest snatching them up if you find one in your weight, they are getting harder to find

StickCollector

Just received a 2007 OG Anti virus today. It is an earlier one with patent pending on the barrel, instead of the patent numbers. Still in great shape, a little webby. Kills the 44s, our one league still uses them. Great Combat crack.

Normy

Anyone gaming the Legends Plague? It's a dual stamp but I've heard it hits the 52's pretty well. Also heard the end loading isn't as extreme. Might pick one up for next year.

Kernsoftball

Anyone gaming the Legends Plague? It's a dual stamp but I've heard it hits the 52's pretty well. Also heard the end loading isn't as extreme. Might pick one up for next year.
I feel most Combats hit 52s well atleast all my dual and asa only combats do

So many great bats mentioned here. Many of which I have seen in local league nights but have never personally swung. I'm thinking of picking up one on the cheap just to play around with. It's a shame they are no longer in production.

Normy

So many great bats mentioned here. Many of which I have seen in local league nights but have never personally swung. I'm thinking of picking up one on the cheap just to play around with. It's a shame they are no longer in production.
Agree. It's the opposite here. Nobody swings Combat. That's the main reason I choose to keep them in my bag. Along with the fact that you can get most of them for $50-$70 now. And of course that cool Combat crack that continues to turn heads. Can't go wrong.

defos

I have a 28 oz white & orange ASA only Portent. The 28s are definitely endloaded. It makes the loud crack. I've hit a few .44/375s off the tee with it, but won't be doing that with that bat anymore. Hitting .44s, it sounds like it's shattering into 1000 pieces. It's a fairly stiff bat, and mine took 700 hits off the tee using well used .52/300s to get where I thought it should be. I like it enough I bought 2 more to have around.

I also have the blue & pink dual stamp Greinert in 28.5 oz. It has a little bit of a springy feel, and doesn't make the loud crack like the Portent. I've halfway decided to sell it 2 or 3 times, then hit off the tee with it and think I can't sell this bat. I'm not a home run hitter, but I seem to get a little bit more distance on my line drives vs the Portent. I just don't feel I'm as consistent with it compared to the Portent. I probably need to commit to it more than I have.

Normy

I have a 28 oz white & orange ASA only Portent. The 28s are definitely endloaded. It makes the loud crack. I've hit a few .44/375s off the tee with it, but won't be doing that with that bat anymore. Hitting .44s, it sounds like it's shattering into 1000 pieces. It's a fairly stiff bat, and mine took 700 hits off the tee using well used .52/300s to get where I thought it should be. I like it enough I bought 2 more to have around.

I also have the blue & pink dual stamp Greinert in 28.5 oz. It has a little bit of a springy feel, and doesn't make the loud crack like the Portent. I've halfway decided to sell it 2 or 3 times, then hit off the tee with it and think I can't sell this bat. I'm not a home run hitter, but I seem to get a little bit more distance on my line drives vs the Portent. I just don't feel I'm as consistent with it compared to the Portent. I probably need to commit to it more than I have.
My 27 ounce '15 Portent has the same end load as my 27 ounce '15 DBA. A buddy has the exact same Portent and it feels more mid loaded. Sorta weird. Glad I got the end loaded one lol.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
My Extinction must be a dud. I keep hearing about how hot it is. I have a lot of swings on it now and it just isn't there. It also weighs 27.5 on a postal scale when sticker says 25.5. Nothing about my bat sounds like what any other Extinction owner says about theirs. It sucks.

Hit it hard and hit it more, that crack sound will start coming as the bat starts driving the ball

Normy

rank or recommend one of these 1 piece Combats:
Derby Boys - Portent G3 - Maxum - Extinction
I can't speak for the Maxum and I haven't put many swings on my Portent G3. I seemed to be more consistent with the Derby Boys(16) but when squared up, the Extinction had a slight edge in distance.

ShortYellowBus

I absolutely enjoyed the yellow ASA Rogo and both Greinart models. The Extinction and Rocket Launcher were great bats too.

The Derby Boys in orange was a game bat, but too many bats surpassed it in performance since.

If you can find any Combat these days with warranty, buy it.

Normy

Just picked up a 27.5 oz Legends Plague. The weighting feels perfect. Can't wait to put some swings on it.