What's the one glove in your collection.......

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
that you'd never part with? I know all you guys with multiple gloves have that "one" glove! All of you have seen this glove before, but for me it's my Pro12TC

Several firsts for me with this one:

My first Rawlings, always used A2000's.
My first Horween glove.
Definitely my first trap glove.
The first glove I ever broke in and used TIP.

My 30+ year old A2000 XLO is a very close 2nd and if pushed I honestly don't know what I'd do? My 12TC is very broken in but still stiff and the leather is still hard as a rock! Gators21 messaged my over two years ago that if I ever was to sell it to let him know, so he gets first dibs. BUT, if Gators21 ever post any pics of my 12TC, just know something is seriously wrong with me!

It's a weird, quirky size and pattern, probably doesn't standout for either baseball or softball but I've caught thousands of softballs from Anna and tons & tons of her teammates, this glove just feels awesome on my hand and wraps up a 12" softball incredibly well for a 12" glove!

I swear, back in 2013-14, I wish I'd bought 3 of these, along with 3-Pro1000's, and 3-RV23's.

What's that one glove for you?
thumbnail (91).jpg thumbnail (94).jpg thumbnail (95).jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
This thread just reminds me of all the gloves I regret parting with. On a side note, I can't wait until you finally decide to order a custom A2K.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Sorry Johnny, can't post just one.
This is the glove that started it all. NWOT made for the 1984 catalog.
lH12XJW.jpg

1 of 1 SLCS. One of the stiffest, heaviest pieces of Horween.
XV375PY.jpg

125th Anniversary in Chocolate Horween. Never seen another posted one. Someone posts a box that's suppose to have a PRO1000 125th in it unopened. Enjoy the box, I'll take my glove.
znH29aI.jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
Sorry Johnny, can't post just one.
This is the glove that started it all. NWOT made for the 1984 catalog.
lH12XJW.jpg

1 of 1 SLCS. One of the stiffest, heaviest pieces of Horween.
XV375PY.jpg

125th Anniversary in Chocolate Horween. Never seen another posted one. Someone posts a box that's suppose to have a PRO1000 125th in it unopened. Enjoy the box, I'll take my glove.
znH29aI.jpg
giphy.gif

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Wally’s going all Swinging Bunt on us, I knew it.......I knew it!

Very nice gloves Wally, my 12TC can only watch from the nosebleed section, thanks for making her feel worthless, I need Gators21’s address so I can just give him my glove, freight prepaid!

That Chocolate Anniversary glove is gorgeous, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post that one before? You’ve been waiting on the perfect thread to bust these out haven’t you?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
NYC, after a brief little unconscious spell on the couch, your post made me laugh, perfect timing after Wally’s face smacking post!:D

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Increased Ginkgo biloba dosage.
Haha, Wally your post is what I love about this site! If I post 2 or 3 glove pics over at DFP, other than seamonkey and OsDad, those other members think I need some kind of intervention, and all I can think of is you guys have NO clue!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
[GALLERY=media, 30780]PJV125s by smarkley3 posted Jun 28, 2018 at 6:39 PM[/GALLERY]

No wait I already sold it, LOL
12.5" Limited Vinci "Tank"

MaverickAH

Just one? o_O You're killing me!!! :eek:

Okay, I'll play along...…

Years ago, my wife bought me a trophy case one Xmas that I've never put up. She knew that I wanted one but I also suspect that it was her way of telling me to hang it up!!! :( I actually did for a while but never put the case up on a wall. I already had the items picked out that I was going to put in it. My 1997 DeMarini Distance that had my name engraved on it ( I miss the days when SBS offered that service!) & the 1st glove I ever received with my name stitched on it. It's a Vinci Custom Pro MV3 that Pete was nice enough to hook me up with. It's from the pre custom glove days when they only hooked up pros who were wearing their gloves.

ySGM7Wc.jpg

RBDJjSF.jpg

PNEBA48.jpg

The last 2 years I've had season ending injuries. Both in my legs. First it was the sciatic nerve down my left side then last year I had a partially ruptured tendon in my right leg. I may give it one more try this year but if I don't or get hurt again, up goes the case. :(

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I've been kind of agonizing over this one for a while now. I play baseball still, so I can't really eliminate all my gloves. You can get away with having only one glove playing softball (12.5"-13"), but I have to have different size gloves and mitts for the various positions for baseball. To play along with the theme of only having one glove however, I will make an assumption that I will only play my preferred position (pitcher) and play catch with my future children. That vastly reduces the number of gloves I need to consider.

With those restrictions in place, right now it would probably be my current gamer pictured below, a Pro Preferred PROS20BR. I have a custom HOH on the way, so once it gets here it would probably take over as my "sell all but one" glove, but until it gets here this is probably the one I keep.

2my6nt5.jpg

19mv6v.jpg

r1byh0.jpg

MaverickAH

Haha, you know how those Vinci reps are......:rolleyes:

Steve & I are cool. I'm just bustin' his chops!

This "tank" is the real deal though. Think of it as being the softball equivalent of your PRO12TC. I'm not a trap fan but I'd use this glove with no hesitation.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I'm not sentimental about my gloves at all. I've sold plenty of past gamers and don't miss em at all. But the one glove I wouldn't let go is this rich tan custom. My then fiancé bought it as a gift after I was so impressed with the first Rawlings gold glove club's build quality (Kris Bryant's model). Before I held that glove I always poo-pooed pro preferreds because of prior experience with early models. But wow it was nice, and the custom had just as good as build quality and it still holding up just fine even through our 100º days in SoCal. And my now wife would not be happy if I got rid of it. lol

IMG_5774.jpg

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I'm not sentimental about my gloves at all. I've sold plenty of past gamers and don't miss em at all. But the one glove I wouldn't let go is this rich tan custom. My then fiancé bought it as a gift after I was so impressed with the first Rawlings gold glove club's build quality (Kris Bryant's model). Before I held that glove I always poo-pooed pro preferreds because of prior experience with early models. But wow it was nice, and the custom had just as good as build quality and it still holding up just fine even through our 100º days in SoCal. And my now wife would not be happy if I got rid of it. lol

View attachment 55982
I'm with you on the pro preferreds. The early ones were awful and just fell apart. They have improved them a ton since then. I wouldn't hesitate to own one now.

nickham10

John Deere
I actually have 2. My custom PP 208 and the Arenado 206 clone from the closeout place.
[GALLERY=media, 29468]CB0242CB-38C4-4BDD-8712-99DEE7516C06 by nickham10 posted Mar 2, 2018 at 5:21 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 29467]BE3AE565-EE95-4609-8FF5-F05BE32F43D7 by nickham10 posted Mar 2, 2018 at 5:21 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 29465]Rawlings Pro 206-6 by nickham10 posted Mar 2, 2018 at 11:07 AM[/GALLERY]

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
This is so hard, but I would probably go with the glove that started it all for me.
My graduation present to myself (college). My 1997, PRO-TB24.

I've put A LOT of games in her, and she is still holding up strong.

A1gkxmW.jpg

ZAbYows.jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
This is so hard, but I would probably go with the glove that started it all for me.
My graduation present to myself (college). My 1997, PRO-TB24.

I've put A LOT of games in her, and she is still holding up strong.

A1gkxmW.jpg

ZAbYows.jpg
I'm torn between telling you to relace it, or leave it like it is, such a beaut. I don't know about everyone else but this pattern takes a lot of work for me to find the "sweet spot" with it. That's exactly how I lace my trap-eze gloves; tight at the top and looser in the pocket.
1994-Upper-Deck-Ken-Griffey-Jr-224.jpg

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I'm torn between telling you to relace it, or leave it like it is, such a beaut. I don't know about everyone else but this pattern takes a lot of work for me to find the "sweet spot" with it. That's exactly how I lace my trap-eze gloves; tight at the top and looser in the pocket.
1994-Upper-Deck-Ken-Griffey-Jr-224.jpg