Whats your on base percentage for the year?

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Just wondering if any of you guys keep track of your own stats. I just started keeping a tally for the team to make it easier to stack the lineup. I just keep track of times on base (reached at least 1B), minus any times you hit into a fielders choice, divided by times at bat. So far I'm running a .757 (28/37). Most of the guys are in the 500-600 range and the girls are 250-450 range.

Any idea what is considered good for softball stats? Its not like I'm playing against world beaters, its Div B in beer league....

Would assume 700+ is where ur top players wanna be

Agreed. I usually float somewhere around 5-600 and I'd consider that average. The best season I even had I batted .750ish and it took extreme effort and placement to do so. And alot of Judying. Kudos to anyone who can do it on a regular basis.

I kinda go by a rule of thumb that if you make outs more than 50% of the time you're below average. You should more often than not be able to get on base. It might be a little harsh but it be true. And no excuse to power hitters either. I don't care if you hit a homer a game, going 1 for 4, 1 for 5 only hurts the team.

I am currently in a bad slump so I am well below average right now. I should fire myself from the team.

RalphG427

On the bench
Easy to keep track when you only have 37 at bats up to this point. I'm sure most tournament players on here are in the hundreds of at bats already. Too much work to keep track. I'd guess I'm around the .650 range for the year myself . Your top top hitters are definitely over .700 with some approaching hitting .800

by detailed i mean they keep track of everything not that they are perfectly accurate .

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SF OB AVG. SL.P. OBP. Adj.OPS

also full fielding stats.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Just wondering if any of you guys keep track of your own stats. I just started keeping a tally for the team to make it easier to stack the lineup. I just keep track of times on base (reached at least 1B), minus any times you hit into a fielders choice, divided by times at bat. So far I'm running a .757 (28/37). Most of the guys are in the 500-600 range and the girls are 250-450 range.

Any idea what is considered good for softball stats? Its not like I'm playing against world beaters, its Div B in beer league....

Here's a list of the OBP of the top players in slowpitch for a frame of reference.

http://www.usssa.com/sports/ConferenceUSSSA.asp?WTD=5&SeasonID=18

I haven't caused, or made, an out for close to 1 year.

On that same note, I haven't played softball in close to a year..

Last edited:

JRod21

Star Player
I'm batting an astonishing .300 right now in co ed, I'm tearing it up. Always shotgun a beer before every at bat, and always blowing middle up and talking Shat!!! I figured .300 is above average for co ed. :):)

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Yeah, I guess i don't have a ton of at bats so far this year....We are only 8 games into the season. Summer ball starts the end of May because most of the fields have soccer on them until then.

015reddog

Certified Slacker
Batting .533 and .563 OBP. I play lower division in a small town once a week in summer and the same in the fall. I would like to play 2 or 3 times a week. Once a week just isn't enough.

huzzdog

retired
those numbers aren't the same as the numbers posted here. infinitely harder to get hits at that level.. throw in the number of tournaments played on baseball fields where as a rule their averages drop 100 pts. the pitching and defense at the conference level is light years different than the softball played anywhere else.

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
Tried keeping stats years ago but found out that most "hits" were really errors and that softball was a pointless sport to keep stats in.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
YOU are a liar

I have the stats ;)
This is before last tournament, so including that, I am north of 720..
1.Gabe 30-41 = 730
2. Leo 41-57 = 720
3T. Chris 69-97 = 710
3T. Sean 60-84 = 710
5. Juan 34-49 = 690
6. Chad 21-31 = 680
7. Abel 62-94 = 666
8. Jason 34-54 = 630
9T. Tran 44-73 = 600
9T. Rodney 27-45 = 600
11T. Jrod 17-30 = 570
11T. John 16-28 = 570