What's your worst injury getting hit while pitching?

Chimpy

Star Player
Last year I took one off the front of the foot and although nothing was broke, I could barely walk for 2 weeks and to this day, my pinky toe and big toenails are messed up as a result. Odd.

Last fall I took one off the elbow and the idiot who hit me was kind of a douche and said nothing (who was also their pitcher), which infuriated my guys who then all went middle the next inning. As a result, he sat out the rest of the game and then the next time we played them, didn't play in the field at all.

SYNERGY2

Manager
He should apologize because you couldn't catch the ball??

That made me laugh.

When did going up the middle become this huge retaliation thing? I started playing around 1996 and there was never any talk of blowing up the middle. Sure, if a rocket came back there were comments about the pitcher ****ting his pants but that was about it.

Usually if the other team was out of homeruns it was assumed liners were most likely coming up the middle.

But to answer the question, took one off the knee cap that wasn't too much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
Last year I took one off the front of the foot and although nothing was broke, I could barely walk for 2 weeks and to this day, my pinky toe and big toenails are messed up as a result. Odd.

Last fall I took one off the elbow and the idiot who hit me was kind of a douche and said nothing (who was also their pitcher), which infuriated my guys who then all went middle the next inning. As a result, he sat out the rest of the game and then the next time we played them, didn't play in the field at all.

If you cant field the position, you shouldnt pitch

RP24

Star Player
I got a fractured sternum pitching BP of all things. It was back in the mid 90s or so when they still used rocks. The guy was a dead pull hitter but, without warning, decided he'd try to go backside. That one took a while to get over. To this day, every time I stretch my arms, my chest will pop real loud. Freaks my wife out.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I've hit a lot of guys.... But I don't pitch.
Worst I've seen was in a prison, dude hit a juice and some super hard balls. Guy hit the ball and broke the pitchers leg. Straight broke it. The pitcher was the only murder on the field.

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans

so he should apolgized because you pitched it outside probably?

And to answer your question, took one right below my knee. Sore for a few days but that's about it

Chimpy

Star Player
He should apologize because you couldn't catch the ball??

Clearly you've never pitched. Someday, don't play catcher one game and try pitching, maybe you'll stop with the idiotic remarks.

And for you dumb f's who are new to the game which i guess are the guys posting above me, if you hit it up the middle to the pitcher, usually you apologize - only you morons hit it up the middle and think it's okay.

Joker

if you pitch and need someone to apologize after hitting up the middle, stop pitching

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
At least this thread is better than him whining about running a coed team.
Pitching sucks but you have to accept that the middle is open. Whether I catch it or not, I don't want anyone apologizing to me. By them apologizing it seems like they know they did something wrong.
I've been pretty lucky pitching but yesterday I took a shot of the knee. Pretty swollen and numb today.

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
I'm a "dumb f" because some guy who cant field a hot shot puts himself in the line of fire. No apology needed. Man up Chimpy

kokamojo15

Manager
Pitching to my wife. She hits one up the middle right pass my head. Next swing off the bucket hits me in the chin 10 stitches later and a ruined t shirt. Lots of laughs tho

stepup

Coach
Clearly you've never pitched. Someday, don't play catcher one game and try pitching, maybe you'll stop with the idiotic remarks.

And for you dumb f's who are new to the game which i guess are the guys posting above me, if you hit it up the middle to the pitcher, usually you apologize - only you morons hit it up the middle and think it's okay.

You should probably be the one catching. I will hit a missile at you and the only way I am apologizing is if I damn near kill you. I swing clean so there is nothing to apologize for. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I guess you apologize when you hit a scud to 3rd?

smokeum99ta

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll hit middle at a family reunion softball game. lol. If you don't want the ball hit at you get off the field. All joking aside I've been getting hit at for years on the mound. It's all fun and games when you field it but the baby will come out in some guys when it bounces off them. So now my feelings now are to hit them first before they hit me cause I know it's coming anyways.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
We had a team cry a river at worlds this year cause we were hitting middle, they were playing a 4 man infield. Like why would you go to worlds to play a 4 man and not expect anyone to hit middle.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
I pitch all the time. Never had one hit me in the elbow which is pretty darn close to my glove. And certainly never look for an apology if someone hits it too close to me. But I'm the idiot.

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
No one is getting paid to play. This is a recreational game so I'll never understand why people intentionally try to hurt an opposing player. Hitting middle is totally different from actually trying to hit the pitcher. So if you weren't trying to hit the pitcher, why don't you apologize to the guy if you hurt him? Didn't your momma teach you any manners?

Those of you that feel like a badass when you hurt someone playing SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL should go play football, hockey, boxing, or MMA instead. Oh wait, those sports people can actually hit you back....

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Including BP is a different story. Buddy and I having some fun with 44/525's and making sure his Phenix was broken in evenly around the barrel. Started discussing the finer aspects and variations of boobs on our female friends in common. Absolute rocket comes back at me, I'm in no way ready, only manage to cringe and make the Snatch before you die stupid face. Ball ricocheted off my forearm to my chest, left 2 big bumps and my chest did the multi color ugly bruise. I stayed a little more focused for the rest of the bp session.

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
I've been hit 3-5 times in seven years.

The ones that hurt the most were the ones I didn't field. It hurt my ego beyond repair. You want to believe you can protect yourself at all times, but sometimes you get tagged.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Got smoked right behind the ear- wait for it- on a throw from our own 3rd baseman many yrs ago.

Hey Brando, I have not been hit in yrs, until tonight, I took one in exact same spot as yours. I lift a lot so there is nothing there but muscle. It hurt for the rest of inning but no sign of anything like yours. It was a 52/300 leather Hycon. I have always said that the 52's come off the bat faster than 44/375 but no one believes me.

Gymbro hooked you up with some bad stuff there Brando

Oxymethalone...don't use it.

Hey Brando, I have not been hit in yrs, until tonight, I took one in exact same spot as yours. I lift a lot so there is nothing there but muscle. It hurt for the rest of inning but no sign of anything like yours. It was a 52/300 leather Hycon. I have always said that the 52's come off the bat faster than 44/375 but no one believes me.

Luckily mine was all muscle and it hit me where it did or I could've gotten seriously hurt. I'm pretty sure if it would've hit my sternum I would've been in trouble.