Where glove is made

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Does where a glove is made have any affect on it's value? I have a 2015 Wilson A2000 1799 SS that says it was made in Vietnam. Just wondering.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
To some it does. The older a2000s that were made in Japan are thought to be of better quality than those that were made in Vietnam that were from the same or similar years. Nowdays I think most would say the gloves made in 'Nam are of equal quality. Pro issued a2000s and all a2ks are the only Wilson gloves that are currently made in Japan though.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
The MIJ A2000's from the 80-and mid 2000's had a better leather quality. The internals of these gloves were the best at the time, but compared to now the internals that were in the MIJ gloves are comparable to a mid level glove.

the MIV A2000's currently have a slightly thinner leather but the colors are truer and last much longer. The internals are top notch.

Current MIJ A2000's are a selective run that have better leather quality and with the newer internals.

Like anything its a preference thing.

Last edited:

DatDuke

I do not feel the K Date Code are Equivalent to the A Date Code Wilson (Leather quality wise). The PI A2000 and A2K (top 5% Stock Selection) do feel better than the K A2000. But the craftsmanship are quite similar (With my limited experience). Laces are still crap for both.