Which ASA for 44/375's??

milkfisher

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to pick up a new bat. Oy play ASA anymore. Love my combats, but looking for something new. I've got a couple OG AV's and a SB reload. Looking for the latest best combat. Which one fits my needs the best?

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Wanted guy for utrip and that is what line I would lean too iff I was goiing to play asa.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I would go DBA. I have the Wanted, but it's not broken in yet, so I can't say that the DBA is definitely better. But, it's a smokin' hot bat, and honestly, you cannot go wrong with either choice.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want more end load then get the Wanted. Not as much end load get the DBA.

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans
Buy an ounce lighter than what you swing for the AV in the DB or the Wanted if you care about scale weight. Guys say the bats swing as stickered as far as swing weight goes, but if you weigh them they are over sticker by almost an ounce, and many times an ounce and a half.

scottdburnett

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know about that ^
The DBA I got is all webbed up and has a big time rattle and my Wanted with no webbing and an early rattle still out hits it. My 26 oz Wanted isn't broken in yet, but it's pop is similar to the DBA.
I'm thinking that there is more variability from bat to bat in the COMbat family. I'm loving COMbat right now, but other manufacturers seem to be more consistent in their product.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Cant go wrong with either bat. Wanted has more end load if thats your thing.

But SBF store has DBA in stock and after you hit promo code they are mega cheap.

Might struggle finding 30ozer as I havent seen anything over 28.

mravelo

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know about that ^
The DBA I got is all webbed up and has a big time rattle and my Wanted with no webbing and an early rattle still out hits it. My 26 oz Wanted isn't broken in yet, but it's pop is similar to the DBA.
I'm thinking that there is more variability from bat to bat in the COMbat family. I'm loving COMbat right now, but other manufacturers seem to be more consistent in their product.

Agreed. My DBU experience has been disappointing while others have raved about it. I'm wondering if the restructure caused any differences between how batches were ran.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Buy an ounce lighter than what you swing for the AV in the DB or the Wanted if you care about scale weight. Guys say the bats swing as stickered as far as swing weight goes, but if you weigh them they are over sticker by almost an ounce, and many times an ounce and a half.
That isn't always true. My 27oz DBA feels lighter than my 27FL OG AV.

Agreed. My DBU experience has been disappointing while others have raved about it. I'm wondering if the restructure caused any differences between how batches were ran.
I haven't given in yet to the temptation to try the DBU or the WantedU. I've stuck with my Avarice this year in NSA. It doesn't have that great Combat crack like the DBA, but it's treated me well this year.