Which bats good for 52/300 suck for 44/375?

Aftermath hits them well but I think you would break it really quickly. It sounds like your bat is breaking when you hit them.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
it depends we have a guy who hits pretty hard and used the 15 USA AM with 44's all season long last year

performance wise, any bat good with 52's is going to be great with 44's. you won't get a ton of seasons out of them though.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
yeah my og dirty and 13 db asa smoked 44s with the disc in.

any bat that hits 52's is going to hit 44's better. just many won't last long.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That 13 ASA Wanted was a beast with them, and mine lasted well beyond 1K swings. I don't know that I'd trust any other ASA only to last with 44s though.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
My OG duel stamp asa z2k hit the 44's pretty dang good. Used it for 2 seasons with 44's before our league went to 52. Still swinging it.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont think bats that have discs in them like some combats or some Z's hit harder balls well.

My farthest hits this year have been with a Z4000 Backman. We were hitting .44/525's in church league. Getting ready to go back to u-trip for third session I started to worry about how it would handle softer balls. Dropped a bomb with a Classic M on a warm night. It's fine. We don't use pluses unless it's super hot out, and we don't play u-trip in the middle of the summer.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
My farthest hits this year have been with a Z4000 Backman. We were hitting .44/525's in church league. Getting ready to go back to u-trip for third session I started to worry about how it would handle softer balls. Dropped a bomb with a Classic M on a warm night. It's fine. We don't use pluses unless it's super hot out, and we don't play u-trip in the middle of the summer.

You use this ball in a church league? You must have a good church league. I've watched a few of our church teams. They need to use the safety ball. Probably still get hurt.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol true.

When the og flipper came out my buddy hit a few 44s with it and our normal utrip bats outhit it where it killed them with 52s. It was his so i never hit it personally with 44s though.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
You use this ball in a church league? You must have a good church league. I've watched a few of our church teams. They need to use the safety ball. Probably still get hurt.

It's a pretty fun league. It's run by a local Christian athletics association, but do not require teams to be made up only of church or organization members. They rent a field from the city for one session. The rules are any .44 COR ball, and bat that says "official softball" and hasn't been banned by ASA or U-trip or is senior only. So basically no senior bats, no Ti's and no 100mph ASA. The limit is 5 HR's. The level of competition runs the gambit. There are teams that haven't won a game a few seasons, and the perpetual winning team has a few ex-MLB and ex-college baseball players. The umps call a huge zone, and it's a grand 'ol time. They used to go four nights a week for two sessions with a double elimination tourny at the end of each session. Now it's just two nights a week for one session and a single-elimination tourny.

Our city run church league is U-trip E and every team has to have eight players from the represented church or organization in order to the play.

robokill

Manager
Z4000 doesn't have discs I don't think, which is what I think he was saying are bad for hitting hard balls.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Z4000 doesn't have discs I don't think, which is what I think he was saying are bad for hitting hard balls.

Then he may be right about the discs. I just noticed that Z's were mentioned and the Z4000 Backman is the only Z I've ever hit.