Which cold weather bat is your gamer?

Winter is coming, not much going on here in AZ, but we do get under 60 degrees in the colder months. So I'm curious to see what everybody prefers to swing? Old stamps, new stamps? I'm probably gonna be switching over to something else that's more durable. Last year my green mercy blew up in December. I wouldn't dare swing the fragile j3a. Might pick up a Fu, or I could roll the dice with my mercy again? Anyways, would love to hear some feedback.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
OG ASA Recoil for both since my CNT+ died. Need to get my BO going though so I can use that. Played 2 games last night in 38* weather and have 2 more tonight to finish things off. Speaking of which, I better get changed.

OG ASA Recoil for both since my CNT+ died. Need to get my BO going though so I can use that. Played 2 games last night in 38* weather and have 2 more tonight to finish things off. Speaking of which, I better get changed.

So dedicated! I may be getting a recoil in trade tomorrow. Hmmmm, was gonna sale cheap... Maybe not.

stork

1000's of hits and it won't die. People have seemed to have forgotten they are one of the best when broken in. Haven't really swung much vs 52's though, but they hit these ****ty gold dots pretty good and they only get a little better in the cold.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
May sound odd but a shrek catty would work well for you. 12" barrel so the sweet spot will be in the same place, swing weight is similar, durable, and has crazy pop when you hit it right. Feel on contact won't be similar at all but that doesn't matter, your work is done at that point.

What balls do you use? Any old stamp Easton is a good bet. Or an OG Catalyst.
New stamp bats I'd probably still say Easton.

We seem to be going to the 52s, I'm still hittin 40/300s on Sundays. Bp I have a mix of everything except 44/400s.

May sound odd but a shrek catty would work well for you. 12" barrel so the sweet spot will be in the same place, swing weight is similar, durable, and has crazy pop when you hit it right. Feel on contact won't be similar at all but that doesn't matter, your work is done at that point.

Funny you say this, I did a search before creating this thread and this is what I found. It prompted me to get some more opinions, yet here it is again. These are what like the $50-$60 price range these days?

Dan411

Star Player
It's going to be cold for both coed games this week for us. I will have the Fu Dawg and purple Mercy in my bag.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Easton whatever

^^^this...i dont have to change my bats up in any weather... :bigok:

x2 on the shrek catty though...one of my favorite old stamp sticks...

And wait til that flex breaks in...another old stamps thats lights out...

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
The green tps catty is the truth i swing that 30oz bat its like swinging a log but when you hit on the sweet spot everyone knows that ball is gone. The anderson techzilla og is my #2 bat for the cold weather.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans

My cold weather bat right here. She's close to the end. Cheap replacement now too! Could be had for > $80 nowadays

DemarDC

Banned User
Swing th true one attaboy. Gets your bat hot and your gonna real the benefits of the new stamp technology.

stork

My cold weather bat right here. She's close to the end. Cheap replacement now too! Could be had for > $80 nowadays
That one looks loved.
I have a backup I was going to sell, but I have changed my mind though I still don't know if this one will die. But to be truthful, I swung my sy100w in playoffs tonight as it was the final night of '14, and it served me very well. But it was 45 tonight, not 35.

IDP

Part Time Player
for me the j2u kills any kind of ball in colder weather. New stamp would be l1.0 or Sunday swagger

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing whatever I have. Get something cheap for bp. A few swings per night isn't going to kill your bat but 100 swings three times per week can cause some damage.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
virus plague...bimmerpilot and i bp'd the hell out of his last winter. we hit at 6am and i gets down into the hi 30's at its coldest