Which would you rather.

Number1

Addicted to Softballfans
Which is why in the original post I said I know it's better to get on base, and then said it just feels worse. I would rather help the team out, thanks for putting words in my mouth though dudes.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which is why in the original post I said I know it's better to get on base, and then said it just feels worse. I would rather help the team out, thanks for putting words in my mouth though dudes.

Making an out feels better to you than getting on base in an unflattering way. Got it. I'm pretty sure that's what I said, with no words put anywhere.

Number1

Addicted to Softballfans
Making an out feels better to you than getting on base in an unflattering way. Got it. I'm pretty sure that's what I said, with no words put anywhere.

Just trying to insight discussion on a thread about people's view points on making outs. In the long term of things, yes obviously I want to win, and I'll do whatever it takes to win. I don't see why this simple question and expressing my thoughts and getting others opinions equates to me being an egotistical non-team player.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
I'm with JBO and a few others. If you are taking outs over hits to satisfy your ego, then I don't want you on my team. With possible exceptions when playing against vastly inferior teams with little to no shot of winning.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just trying to insight discussion on a thread about people's view points on making outs. In the long term of things, yes obviously I want to win, and I'll do whatever it takes to win. I don't see why this simple question and expressing my thoughts and getting others opinions equates to me being an egotistical non-team player.

You enjoy the feeling of a solid hit more than getting on base. One satisfies you, and the other actually helps your whole team. Choosing yourself over others makes you egotistical. It's your question, so I'm not sure I can make it any simpler.

Number1

Addicted to Softballfans
You enjoy the feeling of a solid hit more than getting on base. One satisfies you, and the other actually helps your whole team. Choosing yourself over others makes you egotistical. It's your question, so I'm not sure I can make it any simpler.

Don't see how asking a question can make someone egotistical. Especially a question just to insight discussion, I wasn't looking for a specific answer, just trying to get a discussion going. And everyone has an ego, and I can put mine aside for the betterment of the team.

Sorry my next post will be something asking about the best ASA bat, or picking a random OG and asking if it will be level 3 years from now.