White Steel rumor.......

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Shows it has an alloy handle, no more composite handle, wonder if the composite made them crack/split more, or if just easier for those all metal leagues with restrictions

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Alloy handle = (raw steel) if memory serves me the raw steel had an aluminum handle, also a great bat some would say better than ws

zaniac

The Veteran
The new Steel is featured on the Demarini website right now. I think I may have to hold off on buying a new single wall bat until this one comes out. what do you think the price will be?

Th0r989

Star Player
The new Steel is featured on the Demarini website right now. I think I may have to hold off on buying a new single wall bat until this one comes out. what do you think the price will be?

$219.95 is what the the pre-orders are right now

Zach36

Addicted to Softballfans
The 2016 Steel on Demarini's website seems to have the word "Raw" on the handle part, in the first picture. Which would indicate this bat is going to be like the old Raw Steel, not the White Steel with a composite handle.

sun5150

I got to hit a prototype model. Borrowed it from a factory/DGA hitter.

2 different weights. No sticker on the knob.
26 3/8 and 26 5/8 on our scale.
have a different paint. White with big USA STEEL letters on it compare to the one on the web site.
The one we were hitting has the C6 composite handle.

The balls used was mostly 52/300 ASA Dudley's with some 44/375 mixed.
We hit in about 50-55 degree weather on a wet field a few times. (Hey, its winter now)

The bat held up well.
I'm guessing the 26 3/8 model has over 600 hits and only has paint chips and some slight wave.
The 26 5/8 about 500 hits and paint chips a a very little wave.

The performance of these bats were outstanding.
Can't say we were hitting the ball 300 feet cause we were hitting on an open field.
Ball comes off the bat well. Got good distance off the 52/300 balls
Doesn't have the flex feel like the OG WS.
The guys that hit the bat and play in metal bat leagues want one.

If the production bat hits like the one we hit, Demarini has a winner.
Good pop and durability.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
The 2016 Steel on Demarini's website seems to have the word "Raw" on the handle part, in the first picture. Which would indicate this bat is going to be like the old Raw Steel, not the White Steel with a composite handle.

It also says RAW on the barrel.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I got to swing one of these thanks to sun5150. Was blown away by it. Definitely picking one up when they come out for sale.

fozzie33

Starting Player
You're selling them? You do know that you can't sell NIW bats on the boards that the store carries and you also can't sell as a rep for another store. I'd bet 100% that they will have it.

I know, didn't say I'm selling them to you guys. Just saying what I heard.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Frisco, what ball did you hit? And can you confirm aluminum handle?

We were mostly hitting 52/300 doodles with a few 44/375's. The prototype we were hitting had the C6 composite handle....Production model is suppose to have the metal handle.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Thanks^^^^^. Tried calling Demarini yesterday to ask why the raw is no longer on their website. On hold forever, had to hang up.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Still wonder why they took it off the main page showing the 2016 lineup? Also hoping for a 27oz model but probably not gonna happen.

fozzie33

Starting Player
Still wonder why they took it off the main page showing the 2016 lineup? Also hoping for a 27oz model but probably not gonna happen.

It's still there, you just have to google it. I've been told the shipping date is March/April. I know that my parent company ordered some to see if they sell.