Who here swings shaved bats on the reg

Bubaloo

Manager
Ah shaved bats. Everyone here is making stupid comments like the thing is a god damn cannon shooting the ball. It's not
Because I play out law small league where we swing so much glass and ultras it's not even funny and whatever else you can bring, I'll tell you right now they ain't the God bat. Bats overall are always over rated. I've swung DC 41 as hot as the shaved sticks guys where bringing. Bat tech is so good now the shaved bat is thing of the past. Throw in a hot dot and its null.

Stop whining about it, U I can't even tell the difference any more with these new bats like dc, and new asa ect

garymandela

Come on be honest
More people than will admit it
o.png

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a Powdershell on here years ago. I hit it in BP, wasn't impressed, and pulled the grip to put a new one on. The knob had clearly been cut off and welded back on. I asked for a refund and got refused. I posted picks on here and told everyone he was a lying sack a crap and he accused me of doig it myself. He gave me the refund though. Later a found a post from the same name and same profile pic on a different forum talking about how his shaved Powdershell was awesome. Hopefully none of my other bats were shaved before I bought them. I can certainly say, they I doubt it. The only bats of mine that I've ever broken were single-walls. I've busted a few wes21's comps and they were definitely stock.

blakcherry329

Ah shaved bats. Everyone here is making stupid comments like the thing is a god damn cannon shooting the ball. It's not
Because I play out law small league where we swing so much glass and ultras it's not even funny and whatever else you can bring, I'll tell you right now they ain't the God bat. Bats overall are always over rated. I've swung DC 41 as hot as the shaved sticks guys where bringing. Bat tech is so good now the shaved bat is thing of the past. Throw in a hot dot and its null.

Stop whining about it, U I can't even tell the difference any more with these new bats like dc, and new asa ect

You can definitely tell the difference, even with a Clincher. I play in a Clincher league and every team has at least one shaved bat, and you can definitely tell the difference. It's a clincher, so I don't mind pitching, but there is a difference in the exit speed and sound.

THESHOE

Starting Player
+1

And the 52 made it so only real hitters are jacking it.

Hence why so many are on here crying about the use of the 52 ball.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I bought a Powdershell on here years ago. I hit it in BP, wasn't impressed, and pulled the grip to put a new one on. The knob had clearly been cut off and welded back on. I asked for a refund and got refused. I posted picks on here and told everyone he was a lying sack a crap and he accused me of doig it myself. He gave me the refund though. Later a found a post from the same name and same profile pic on a different forum talking about how his shaved Powdershell was awesome. Hopefully none of my other bats were shaved before I bought them. I can certainly say, they I doubt it. The only bats of mine that I've ever broken were single-walls. I've busted a few wes21's comps and they were definitely stock.

I bet I can tell you what happened to that bat. When Worth recertified bats they put the rings in the knobs. People were trying to get them out and did different things. Some were cutting the knobs, removing the rings and rewelding them. The heat from the welding weakened the handle and they broke there.

mattya420

Manager
The new bat tech you don't need to swing shaved. My new Mikens outperform my buddies old shaved maniac and mayhems all day long.

dtrotd

Coach
You can absolutely tell the difference...
5'7, 155lbs soaking wet with an average at best swing speed
Yet the bat cracks and the ball goes 350-400ft

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

This is actually my favorite type SBF post. The people who think that an altered bat turns a non hitter into a super stars. How many times I've read on this site. this guy normally couldn't get it out of the infield but he was hitting home runs at will. Yes cause a shaved bat swings itself and turns infield pop ups into 400 foot bombs. Why blame getting beaten by better players when you can just say the other team cheated.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i have a white dc41 and i honestly don't think it's much, if any hotter than any broken in stick i've had.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I always like the, "I have never owned one or swung one and don't need to....................." comments. Like, they're all superamazing awesome hitters.

Cause you know...no one ever hit a HR before shaved bats. Everyone on my team can swing any of my bats and I'm the best power hitter on my team. Most people do think I'm a darn good hitter. On top of that, I've only broken a handful of bats. It makes me wonder f people who break a lot of bats are hitting shaved or rolled bats, or are hitting in cold weather. Admittedly, we only play a few games per year in cool temps.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I bet I can tell you what happened to that bat. When Worth recertified bats they put the rings in the knobs. People were trying to get them out and did different things. Some were cutting the knobs, removing the rings and rewelding them. The heat from the welding weakened the handle and they broke there.

Could be, but it didn't have the recertified engraving, and the knob didn't seem to been cut in half. The weld, which was huge and terrible, was where a normal knob weld would be. It had probably been done with the bat standing on the end cap, because there was slag embedded in the handle under the grip and even a piece of slag in the barrel. I hadnt noticed it first because of the texture of te shell, but once I was looking it was very obvious.

It may not have been shaved because it was not impressive, but I was weaker back then. It was my second PST, my first wasn't broken-in yet. Either way, it wasn't stock and there was no way I was gonna swing it in a game. I LOVE the Powdershell I have now. Just wish it was a 30oz.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
i have a white dc41 and i honestly don't think it's much, if any hotter than any broken in stick i've had.

I swung an OG ultra maxload back when they were legal, I love my DC41 its my favorite bat since the OG freaks but there are hotter bats.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
don't get me wrong, i like it. i like it a lot. but it hasn't really made me raise my eyebrows like i thought it would.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Cause you know...no one ever hit a HR before shaved bats. Everyone on my team can swing any of my bats and I'm the best power hitter on my team. Most people do think I'm a darn good hitter. On top of that, I've only broken a handful of bats. It makes me wonder f people who break a lot of bats are hitting shaved or rolled bats, or are hitting in cold weather. Admittedly, we only play a few games per year in cool temps.

Nah.......Some dudes are straight up hitters, but I feel like guys that make the pronouncement are either glass swingers, or think too highly of themselves.........The real hitters don't need to make the announcement.

kappasiglegend

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup...that was me.

carlsbaddrew can testify that a team mate accused of swinging cut (black juggy), grabbed a niw from his bag, showed the scorekeeper and LD, took off wrapper and went ya ya...so unbelievable it has to be true

True story. How do I know? Cause I did it. One correction though:

Bought a brand new in the wrapper NR 27 oz black juggy from Pinky last year before the game after our whole team had been accused of swinging shaved sticks (by a notorious bat doctor of all people).

So, with a decent beer buzz, I walked up to the plate for my first at bat and prior to stepping into the box showed the bat (with the wrapper still on and the "D" sticker still there) to the director, scorekeeper, and other team. I stepped into the box and on the very first pitch dropped donkey ****s about 375' away and immediately yelled out "CHECK THE WRAPPER, THAT **** AIN'T SHAVED".

I never took the wrapper off that bat till it tore a few swings later.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Nah.......Some dudes are straight up hitters, but I feel like guys that make the pronouncement are either glass swingers, or think too highly of themselves.........The real hitters don't need to make the announcement.

We got one guy, not a big dude, who hits the **** out of the ball. One team bitched about his bat (broken in M75120, not shaved) so he hit one out with an old metal Worth. Good hitters gonna hit.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like cheaters because it cheapens what I do with legal equipment. Yeah I know in my heart I did it all legal, and that's worth something, but I spend time in the gym and time in BP that other people don't spend. When I hit a ball that other people are jealous of, with a legal stick, it's annoying to know that some of those jealous people probably think I did it with a cheater bat that would let them do the same thing. At 6'3" and 260lbs most people realize it wasn't a shaved bat that put the ball over...instead some assume it's steroids...again, cheapens all the work I do that they are too lazy to do. That's why I will never play with a shaved bat.

LeftBench

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like cheaters because it cheapens what I do with legal equipment. Yeah I know in my heart I did it all legal, and that's worth something, but I spend time in the gym and time in BP that other people don't spend. When I hit a ball that other people are jealous of, with a legal stick, it's annoying to know that some of those jealous people probably think I did it with a cheater bat that would let them do the same thing. At 6'3" and 260lbs most people realize it wasn't a shaved bat that put the ball over...instead some assume it's steroids...again, cheapens all the work I do that they are too lazy to do. That's why I will never play with a shaved bat.

So if people already assume your cheating...then just cheat. your heart will get over it pretty quick.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
So if people already assume your cheating...then just cheat. your heart will get over it pretty quick.

Sure........I mean, the easiest way for a woman to get a man to **** around on her is to accuse him of it all the time.............You figure, "What the ****?? I'm in being accused of it all the time anyway............." :)

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
If people worried a little more about their game than bitching about what the other guys are swinging the game would be so much more enjoyable.

Dhrae

8========D~~~O-:

please let me know where I can get a bat that will help my wife hit 400 feet. She's 5'7 and has average bat speed. Thanks in advance.