Who knows when the PRO-TB became the PRO-TB24?

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
When did Rawlings start making the TB into the TB24?
Or even, when did they start making the "TB" with Tan Lacing?

Anyone know?
F

I always thought it became the 24 after the signed Griffey and he started to use that as his gamer and they made it into a pro model, but I could be wrong

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I always thought it became the 24 after the signed Griffey and he started to use that as his gamer and they made it into a pro model, but I could be wrong

Yeah, you are right. I'm just trying to find out when the started producing the TB with tan lace. And Secondly, when they added the "24" to the TB and made it his model.

F

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Hah, been searching for images of TB24's should have looked for the cards....Found one in 1987 he had an all black with black lace TB

F

mikgars

Manager
I've got a '94 that I have always been curious about. The lace wrapping around the binding of the web is two tone; black outside and grey in, its some decent stiff lace. The lace on the rest of the glove is a solid core black, decent but softer. I had always wonder which if either was the og lace. Now it looks like I have my answer... neither.
Fred what was the year of that TB you just relaced and what were the laces on it like; were they the og if so what color were they, solid or two tone?
BTW that relace looked great Fred.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
The one I just relaced is a 1995, and it had two- tone black and grey lace. Good lace, just dry rotted. Mine has the black palm, feels like horween. I see yours is the deerskin liner, def older. Didn't realize it was only 1 year older. Nice glove.

F

I've got a '94 that I have always been curious about. The lace wrapping around the binding of the web is two tone; black outside and grey in, its some decent stiff lace. The lace on the rest of the glove is a solid core black, decent but softer. I had always wonder which if either was the og lace. Now it looks like I have my answer... neither.
Fred what was the year of that TB you just relaced and what were the laces on it like; were they the og if so what color were they, solid or two tone?
BTW that relace looked great Fred.

mikgars

Manager
The one I just relaced is a 1995, and it had two- tone black and grey lace. Good lace, just dry rotted. Mine has the black palm, feels like horween. I see yours is the deerskin liner, def older. Didn't realize it was only 1 year older. Nice glove.

F

So do you think the two tone black was the og lace on your '95?

Yup your correct and I'm jealous Fred I would like to get my hands on one with the full Horween treatment.

Last edited:

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
I had one just like that bought new in 94'...in 99 some buddies pulled it out of my bag whole waiting for the bus at a high school game and we took off without it...got back to school.and realized it was gone...hopped in my car and went back to the field bit it was gone for good...man I loved that glove

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is my all Horween PRO-TB. It has been through a few lace changes over the years but this glove glove is still soft and in great game condition.

100_0051.jpg

100_1961.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Fred's PRO-TB has the extra hinge lace while the current PRO-TB24s have just a single hinge. Could it be that it gained the "24" when they changed the pattern to the single hinge?

Double hinge lace (PRO-T)
RlProT1F_800.jpg

Double hinge (PRO-TB)
2f273dee.jpg

Single hinge lace (PRO-TB24)
Rawlings_PROTB24_1234-500x500.jpg

mikgars

Manager
Fred's PRO-TB has the extra hinge lace while the current PRO-TB24s have just a single hinge. Could it be that it gained the "24" when they changed the pattern to the single hinge?

Dang, good eye rous. Its a good hypothesis but my TB24 5 dot, yr 2000, that is stamped 13" has the dual hinge just like my '94 TB. Idk if the rarity of the 13" 24 necessarily disproves that theory or not.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Those who have one of each (singe vs double hinge), how do they differ besides the hinge and the number of heel loops?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Ha!!! Maybe I was wrong, but I always have always thought the laces on this one looked like they had been lubed up pretty good with Vaseline.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Ha!!! Maybe I was wrong, but I always have always thought the laces on this one looked like they had been lubed up pretty good with Vaseline.

I kinda that that too, but maybe they were just fresh.

F