Who knows when the PRO-TB became the PRO-TB24?

mikgars

Manager
I've got a '94 that I have always been curious about. The lace wrapping around the binding of the web is two tone; black outside and grey in, its some decent stiff lace. The lace on the rest of the glove is a solid core black, decent but softer. I had always wonder which if either was the og lace. Now it looks like I have my answer... neither.
Fred what was the year of that TB you just relaced and what were the laces on it like; were they the og if so what color were they, solid or two tone?
BTW that relace looked great Fred.

Last night I did some searching and found five different '94/'95 gloves that have the same lace pattern as mine. The two tone on the inside of the thumb and index with solid core everywhere else. So now I'm inclined to believe this is the stock lace. They also all had one strand on top of the other around the web, not interwoven.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Once again, I'm a little baffled due to a lack of info from the Rawlings CORP site.

I have a glove, PRO-TB24, code: OEA01, March or 1987 (?).

I doubts its a 1997, mainly because of the inside palm being that light gray color...That seems to say 1987-1993ish.
BUT, It is a TB24 with Tan lace (all seemed original to me).

Can I assume its a 1987? Funny, must have come out PRE-GRIFFEY in the MLB
Any thoughts? Arguments, or jokes?

mnClvxO.jpg

8ZTeHAK.jpg

ZyJa4dk.jpg

QBxT8Eq.jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
Once again, I'm a little baffled due to a lack of info from the Rawlings CORP site.

I have a glove, PRO-TB24, code: OEA01, March or 1987 (?).

I doubts its a 1997, mainly because of the inside palm being that light gray color...That seems to say 1987-1993ish.
BUT, It is a TB24 with Tan lace (all seemed original to me).

Can I assume its a 1987? Funny, must have come out PRE-GRIFFEY in the MLB
Any thoughts? Arguments, or jokes?

mnClvxO.jpg

8ZTeHAK.jpg

ZyJa4dk.jpg

QBxT8Eq.jpg
It's a 97. Mine from 1993 has that same light colored palm as well.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
After rereading the thread, I think what happened was that Griffey started with the Pro-TB. Then they decided to make a personal model for him. At first, they just added the tan lace for him. But then later they switched to the 601 pattern and his model was then specified with the oiled black Horween and tan laces. I have no idea if he had a hand in developing the updated 601 pattern.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
All seems accurate to me.

Its funny, I wonder what the "601" meant as far as a model number.
6th finger?

Anyway, its so bad, but ever since Rawlings has CHANGED its logo, I had not owned a newer Rawlings.
I love that old ROUND "R", I really dislike the newer OVAL "R". But that's my hangup. I mean, I liked the "M" for Mizuno better than the running bird logo, but I own a few Newer Mizzys. Mainly because they didn't changed the logo, just added the logo to the logotype.

Odd rant I know, but Im a designer. These things bug me. I love how Wilson has made slight updates to their logo, but never CHANGED or abandoned their original.

Anyway, same bat time, same bat channel
F

After rereading the thread, I think what happened was that Griffey started with the Pro-TB. Then they decided to make a personal model for him. At first, they just added the tan lace for him. But then later they switched to the 601 pattern and his model was then specified with the oiled black Horween and tan laces. I have no idea if he had a hand in developing the updated 601 pattern.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

6th finger?

Anyway, its so bad, but ever since Rawlings has CHANGED its logo, I had not owned a newer Rawlings.
I love that old ROUND "R", I really dislike the newer OVAL "R". But that's my hangup. I mean, I liked the "M" for Mizuno better than the running bird logo, but I own a few Newer Mizzys. Mainly because they didn't changed the logo, just added the logo to the logotype.

Odd rant I know, but Im a designer. These things bug me. I love how Wilson has made slight updates to their logo, but never CHANGED or abandoned their original.

F
Haha, I'm not a designer, and it still bugged the heck out of me when UPS changed its logo about 20 years ago. So I get it.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Hah, My Teacher and now coworker studied under the Man who designed that logo (and many other logos, very famous in the design world {Paul Rand}).

My teacher is still mad they changed his logo.
F

Haha, I'm not a designer, and it still bugged the heck out of me when UPS changed its logo about 20 years ago. So I get it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Hah, My Teacher and now coworker studied under the Man who designed that logo (and many other logos, very famous in the design world {Paul Rand}).

My teacher is still mad they changed his logo.
F

Haha, I had no idea! I thought it was just me. Glad I am not alone!

NYC

Swag on 100.

6th finger?

F
The round "R" logo is still around. I've seen recent Japanese rubber ball glove remakes that had the round "R" logo. I'm not sure if it's a Japan only sort of thing but it would be cool if the next SBF exclusive run can add that feature.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I have a replica of a TB24 from Japan, I have to say, I love that glove mainly because of the logo.

And cuz its a trap.
F

The round "R" logo is still around. I've seen recent Japanese rubber ball glove remakes that had the round "R" logo. I'm not sure if it's a Japan only sort of thing but it would be cool if the next SBF exclusive run can add that feature.

Last edited: