why are the Anderson's so under valued?

mystikalpeter

Addicted to Softballfans
Over the past few months i have picked up 3 different andersons for really cheap. i got a OG rocketech for 7 bucks at the swampmeet a OG techzilla for 20 bucks on the list both those bats were great but i sold them pretty fast because i thought that they could not compare to the composites. Just this last week i picked up a 2008 rocketech fast pitch 34/25 for 25 bucks. i just used it in the game and it just flat out performed better then every other bat I used. So now i really am mad at myself for selling the other 2.

Hookem74

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not just Andersons, I've bought several used Eastons,Demarini,Mikens,etc, most for less than $20 at garage sales,goodwill, flea market.
Some people don't have a clue to what they have or the resale value of it.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Yeah, people at flea markets and stuff like that just don't know what bats are worth most of the time. Anderson makes good bats, plain and simple. They always have. You just don't hear about them much around here because most everyone swings composites, not metal.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
The demand is what brings Anderson's resale prices down, 75% of the people now a days swing composites.

Wheels33

Coach
Got to give it a try

HAHA I am going to the flea market this weekend!! See if I can get a good bat cheap

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
The demand is what brings Anderson's resale prices down, 75% of the people now a days swing composites.

I'd guess that number to be higher, but all it means is that we're just handicapping ourselves by swinging metal. Bringing knives to gunfights and all that...:rolleyes:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
People are enamored with composites. Metal bats are laughed at by kids but my first good bat ws an OG TechZill and was as good or better than most composite back then. I think the new composite handle Anderson are excellent bats and I have gamed my Nano Omega for the last year or so. Working my new RocketFlex and looking forward to the hot summer days and wacking the mush ball with it. :cool:

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd guess that number to be higher, but all it means is that we're just handicapping ourselves by swinging metal. Bringing knives to gunfights and all that...:rolleyes:

Your probably right, I was probably a little too conservative on the percentage. I too often hear that same comment about those who swing metals are just dumb, far behind, and just ignorant. But then I ask those same people who make those comments for them to step to the plate with a metal bat and hit just (1) over the OF fence and they NEVER accept my challenge:rolleyes:, then the excuses start flying all over the place.

tumblebug

My name is NEO!

It's more like bringing a smaller gun rather than a knife to a gun fight but in the right hands it doesn't matter. The difference between a RocketFlex or a NanoTek to a similar rules-compliant, resin-over-fiber, composite bat is minimal if there is any measurable difference at all when you hit it well. But it makes a difference to a guy that doest really hit all that well, plays once a week and takes a total of 20 swings a month. If you want to be a better hitter the answer could simply be to hit more often. IJS

sleepin4matty

Management Material
It's more like bringing a smaller gun rather than a knife to a gun fight but in the right hands it doesn't matter. The difference between a RocketFlex or a NanoTek to a similar rules-compliant, resin-over-fiber, composite bat is minimal if there is any measurable difference at all when you hit it well. But it makes a difference to a guy that doest really hit all that well, plays once a week and takes a total of 20 swings a month. If you want to be a better hitter the answer could simply be to hit more often. IJS

oh you stop with that logic

jstn8887

Addicted to Softballfans

This is very true.

And an Anderson will outlast pretty much every composite bat.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
I had swung andersons since I started playing SB. Bought a new glove from kelly and figured might as well add a bat to it. Hit pretty well with it. Then when I got to hawaii bought a new RT, then it was to light so bought a heavier RT. Nobody else was using the Andersons. Especially when Ultra II hit market. but I kept plugging along with my RT. Then got out of Air Force came back home to MD and it was Miken and Worth composites. Dudes used to bash me for using the anderson. played tourney and went 22-24. They stopped talking smack about my bat.

Still got the RT, probably could sell it locally for more than 50 bucks though.