Why dont all leauges just supply the balls?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
It almost always has to do with cost. There are some places with exorbitant maintenance costs for the facilities, and they probably just feel that the cost of supplying quality balls would be too much on top to ask league players to cover.

Both sides have arguments in their favor. On the one hand, supplied balls add uniformity. On the other, a team really shouldn't be limited to inferior equipment if they can afford better.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I play in multiple leagues in multiple towns and they are all league supplied balls, some supply good one and some supply crap balls.

LEFTY420

Addicted to Softballfans
I think leagues should just to keep the playing field equal. I remember being in a tournament last summer. It was provide your own balls. we brought zn's

rkdgator

Addicted to Softballfans
You just the cost to your league fees. In bulk you can get good balls for less the $5.

That might work in Ma. but teams in N FL are poor and rarely sponsored (at least league teams). If they raise the fees any more we'd end up with fewer teams. I understand that the teams are going to spend the money anyway to buy their own but most would rather spread the expenses out instead of absorbing it all at once.

I think leagues should just to keep the playing field equal. I remember being in a tournament last summer. It was provide your own balls. we brought zn's

By that rationale everyone would have to get rid of their bats and hit with league issued Hammers or something. If the playing field were completely even every game would end in a tie. There is an advantage to using better equipment just like there is an advantage to having better players. It's the American way!