Why Easton is Dying...

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!
Yea cuz I've had a few Easton start to make the vibration after they broke in. They where super hot so I don't know why the hell he cut in half.. Something a messing ass kid would do

So i cut open my Wegman to see what was making yhe vibration sound and I couldnt find any cracks or other signs of damage making me think the endcap might be the culprit of the bad sounds. Maybe this might be Eastons undoing???

20160210_065237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This has got to be a joke. One of the best bats ever. The "bamboo" sound or buzzing in old Wegmans is the loose end caps and weight in the handle (held by epoxy) coming loose.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
So i cut open my Wegman to see what was making yhe vibration sound and I couldnt find any cracks or other signs of damage making me think the endcap might be the culprit of the bad sounds. Maybe this might be Eastons undoing???

20160210_065237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All I can think to say is......"Why?"

You could've sold it if you didn't like the vibration that much!!!

Ballisttic

Star Player

20160210_065237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn man you should have recapped it first. I guess though it is only a bat

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter

20160210_065237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Why? You know how many people still search for these as gamers? Simply asinine

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans

20160210_065237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's vibrating in the handle not barrel....

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
This is good stuff.lol. the performance changed a ton and I needed an endcap for another wegman anywayz. Oh yeah the other 5 Wegmans should last me a long time.

I have to say I agree here...

I found quite the same, and for the Helmer to be underwhelming compared to the Torq Helmer of last year. Very stiff feeling from barrel and very hollow feeling too which is unusual for Easton.

The Kirby felt the very same as last year's to me. But with a questionable paint scheme.

Those are the only 2 I bothered with, after those I went back to putting in the work on my own bats.

I heard a few guys really rave about the Weggy being improved from last year. Not really a 1pc guy so I didn't bother.

I found the Helmer to feel very stiff in the barrel, lots of vibration down into the hands which is disappointing now for modern 2pc models, and more hollow than usual feeling. I just was not comfy and immediately thought it was best to look at last year's line on a discount for me personally. Nice to hear there will be a complete revamp for 2017 they need it.

Also found it to be pretty damn light feeling in 27.5oz. I was used to 27oz in Orange 14 L1 which had some junk in the trunk. This one just didn't really have that heavy load I am used to in Helmers.

Madbeers - In the long run of things after being patient and giving it its time; Kirby vs Torq once broken in is it just a feel thing or was there a performance thing too? I'd love to know more on your take there, whether here or by PM...

Any tell that they'll loosen up a bit down the road with some hits on em?

fattboy21

bench warmer
I got the new Wegman and i have to say its hot after about 50 hits. It started to web just like the Synergy cnt. I own the past 4 wegman and this is the best.

JPG

Lefty
I still see this thread and remember what one said.

Swing a bat with more exit speed and get a better average. LOL

BUMP

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I got the new Wegman and i have to say its hot after about 50 hits. It started to web just like the Synergy cnt. I own the past 4 wegman and this is the best.

Over the 100W?

Shaking my head at your line of thinking. Basic logic says the harder the ball is hit the harder it is for an INF to make a play (which increases your average).

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
Yeah i'm a little baffled too, you hit a hard ball through the infield a defender may have a hard time getting to it, you hit that same ball but not as hard it gives them time to make a play. The same thing goes with a fly ball, if you don't hit it as hard they have more time to make a play on it.

cordo22

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton has been dead since it lost control of its baseball/softball operations in 2014..when they got bought by PSG.

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter

You meant 3? Surely not better than sp12sy100w , and if you meant 4, why not all 5 wegmans? The scn20bw wasn't better than 100w

WillW3

Starting Player

BUMP

You're just like a woman. Never wrong and constantly bringing up s*** that's irrelevant now.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Shaking my head at your line of thinking. Basic logic says the harder the ball is hit the harder it is for an INF to make a play (which increases your average).

Yeah i'm a little baffled too, you hit a hard ball through the infield a defender may have a hard time getting to it, you hit that same ball but not as hard it gives them time to make a play.

Ok, what's the crappiest bat ever made? I need to lower my exit speed so my average can go up. Obvious answer is Hammer, but I think an OG Cyclone might be a sleeper. Don't LMK.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Ok, what's the crappiest bat ever made? I need to lower my exit speed so my average can go up. Obvious answer is Hammer, but I think an OG Cyclone might be a sleeper. Don't LMK.

Funny that you said this, we have some older guys who love to use there old 30+ ounce crappy metal bats and hit bloopers over the infielders heads. Then you put a good composite bat in there hands and the bloopers become line outs to the outfielders.

JPG

Lefty
You're just like a woman. Never wrong and constantly bringing up s*** that's irrelevant now.

Sounds like your that guy who lives in hell with a women.
Get out of that life style man there are better women out there.
Like your theory the faster you get through it the better life you will have.

Last edited:

THESHOE

Starting Player
In the Kirby yes.

Mind you my train of thought was save and get last year's.

The Helmer, maybe, but the feel in the hands was so unpleasant I don't care to know.

Right now, the Easton slot will be filled with a Torq or Kirby from last year I think, or generations before those.

Any tell that they'll loosen up a bit down the road with some hits on em?

JPG

Lefty

You can give someone the crappiest bat but if they hit 1000 with it is it crappy?
Hit holes, get on, wood, metal, composite just play the game.

WillW3

Starting Player
Sounds like your that guy who lives in hell with a women.
Get out of that life style man there are better women out there.
Like your theory the faster you get through it the better life you will have.

Nope, I'm not that guy.

THESHOE

Starting Player
We have that here too.

Old ASA04 in some models were total turds.

We have a blackout that we pretty much do not BP or break in, while we have the same that is a firestick. We know which are which, the other team doesn't.

We also had a team who played slap ball all the time against us where most guys swung Worth Toxic cheap Walmart alloy bats. They'd bend like 1 per game, and won a lot of games just placing hits shallow over the IF with those things.

Funny that you said this, we have some older guys who love to use there old 30+ ounce crappy metal bats and hit bloopers over the infielders heads. Then you put a good composite bat in there hands and the bloopers become line outs to the outfielders.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Wood with a 52 core is pretty laughable.

Infielders are suddenly a big presence. They have a lot of time to react and field.

I love wood bat tourneys when I go play 3B and actually make lots of plays :biggthumpup:

You can give someone the crappiest bat but if they hit 1000 with it is it crappy?
Hit holes, get on, wood, metal, composite just play the game.