Why is a bat stamped no return a bad thing?

Zaioun

Why is a bat stamped no return considered bad? Or if not bad a negative about the bat. Isn't the same thing? And is it better to get a used bat with expired receipt or brand new bat stamped no return?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Returnable bats are only more valuable to warranty cheaters, but there must be a lot of them, because the NR's are almost always cheaper. Heck I may have even said "would you take $10 less, it's a NR", and yet I've never even came tried to return a bat.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Returnable bats are only more valuable to warranty cheaters, but there must be a lot of them, because the NR's are almost always cheaper. Heck I may have even said "would you take $10 less, it's a NR", and yet I've never even came tried to return a bat.

What? :confused:

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not - most of us will not legitimately use it, kind of like those warranties Walmart tries to sell you...

"Would you like a 12 month warranty on your $10 toaster for only $3.99?" Just another sales tactic!

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go away, ala Monsta, Anarchy, Mizuno, etc. That helps them keep the cost down>>>all the expenses of warranties go away>>>better bats for less $

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans

Most comapanies only honor the warranty for the original purchaser. When you buy a used bat that is not a NR, break it, and then try to return it, you're cheating the bat company. Someone who do not intend to do that loses no value when they buy a NR bat. However, I have probably mentioned that a bat was a NR when the asking price was either more than I had, or more than I thought a bat was worth.

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
Most comapanies only honor the warranty for the original purchaser. When you buy a used bat that is not a NR, break it, and then try to return it, you're cheating the bat company. Someone who do not intend to do that loses no value when they buy a NR bat. However, I have probably mentioned that a bat was a NR when the asking price was either more than I had, or more than I thought a bat was worth.
Exactly...All these not legit returns only jack up the prices for everyone. Seriously, besides wear and tear, how many people legit crack a bat within 365 days? Maybe 5%...

bartxe

1st base coach
I swing pretty hard, and have some team mates who swing pretty hard, 99%of the time my bats fail compression before they break. but that damn warranty is totally worth 100 bucks! lol. niw nr is the way to go in my opinion

Joker

It's not - most of us will not legitimately use it, kind of like those warranties Walmart tries to sell you...

"Would you like a 12 month warranty on your $10 toaster for only $3.99?" Just another sales tactic!

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go away, ala Monsta, Anarchy, Mizuno, etc. That helps them keep the cost down>>>all the expenses of warranties go away>>>better bats for less $
except the cost of an anarchy with no warranty is more than a worth or miken with a warranty

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not a bad thing, but worth less. Even the guy who says it doesn't matter uses it as a negotiation tool to pay less for a bat.

Last edited:

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Why not buy A niw bat with a return for $180-$200 then only spend $120 for one with no return ?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not buy A niw bat with a return for $180-$200 then only spend $120 for one with no return ?
Back in the day I would because there was no way I was going to bust it in a year and I planned on keeping it as long as it would last. I won't any longer because the chances of me either breaking it or having it fail compression is a real concern in under a year. It doesn't always happen, but it does way more than in GA.