Why is it so hard for any tournament beside E class to make that's sanction.

jamin30

Star Player
At this point I am so frustrated that I have to travel a minimum of 3 to 4 hours just to play in a tournament that only has 5-8 teams it's just frustrating. Usually you're playing the same teams and the tournament never has the full payout. It's just really frustrating. It's so frustrated to the point I'm about ready to give up soffball and find another hobby.

bbaum17

Starting Player
You've got to go to where all the teams are, its as simple as that. We get this similar complaint here in Kentucky from teams who live in smaller towns 3-4 hours away from Lexington. They are always bitching and moaning about how they have to do all the traveling and no one from Lexington will come down there to play. We have around 20-25 teams here locally across all divisions where as they have 1-2. Simple fact is its easier to have a couple teams travel then the majority. You have to go to where the sport is in demand.

Country469

the size of the city has zero to do with it. Most of you reading this are big scaredy cats afraid of playing up. Just by the numbers 80% of you think you arent good enough to hit a 12 mph softball at the D level. lol.

Joker

maybe the state director should do something about it and force people to move up

Joker

the state directors should be trying to set it up the most competitive they can. keeping 50 teams in E and a smattering of others in D and C, it hurts everyone

bbaum17

Starting Player
If it bothers you that much, then why dont you just play down like the rest of the guys in your area?

Country469

I'm not saying you are wrong Jokey Pokey, Im tryna be real here. If they stay paid, they dont mess with the system.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're not going to stay paid though. I saw it happen in so GA. People would rather quit than deal.

jamin30

Star Player
I live near a large city and Jbo911 you are correct guys will just stop playing and start doing other things. I don't mind the travel so much until I have to drive home 4hr at 2am in morning after playing all day. Also a lot of people can't really afford it as much as others.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I find it funny that the guys who complain about driving 4 hours to play are also the ones who choose to join up with a C team or higher. You did this to yourself so deal with the consequences. Before you give me that " we'll we just want to play with my friends" bs stop. I have plenty of softball friends that aren't that caliber and plenty who are. The classifications are what they are. You know the rules. Don't ***** bc your team isn't being allowed to beat the hell out of teams close to your house every weekend . Also, don't give me that bs that other teams should move up or could play with y'all. They don't move up just the same as why c teams don't . They don't want too... I know a team that bitches around here about teams not playing C. Says teams should play as high as possible but yet they were told they would bring playing B this year and decided to not play that sanction bc they didn't want to have to play that high. Pot meet kettle

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sandbagging keeps the money coming in for the short term, but people get such of shelling out three hundred bucks to see the same people win all the time. If they don't get moved up the sport dies. Period.

Country469

maybe if there is only one sanction around........

When you have Utrip, NSA, Freedom, Softball nation, and back yarders for cash all around you, it just stays the same as teams dodge bunps

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you allow them to die bumps that's obviously true, but it's going to kill the sport regardless.

I understand that utrip for example, doesn't want to bump team a if they know ASA isn't going to because then that team might only play ASA, but something has to bring them together. Right now all associations are losing that young league team that wants to give it a go because they're tired of paying three hundred bucks to get their eyes beat in by the same douchebags every week.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
the state directors should be trying to set it up the most competitive they can. keeping 50 teams in E and a smattering of others in D and C, it hurts everyone

That was my point when I spoke against creating an E class in ASA. The swore to me that teams would not just automatically slide down as low as they were allowed.

I asked who was going to insure that and was told the commissioners. When I asked who was going to make sure the commissioners did their job, I was given some nasty looks, but no answer.

Going to the E class was a cowardly move by both the associations and the players. You know all the A & B players when in a bar, but whiney-assed D & E players when asked at what level they want to play.

Leftie22

Star Player
This is not a director issue at all. This is 100% a player issue. Grown men are scared of competition and are terrified to lose. It is as simple as that. That is why when one sanction bumps them or lets a team play down they run elsewhere. This new society we live in is soft and most softball players want to avoid any possibility of getting their egos tampered with. It is that simple.

itheshow

Addicted to Softballfans
Softball should go back to 1 division... softball... best team wins regardless of bs ratings. Go play drink whatever and be the best you can.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with that is no one/team wants to pay the $300 it takes now to play in a softball tournament and go 0-2 and play a total of 8 innings to show they are unmatched . The ridiculous entry fees are what has hurt softball and made classes so important. I have seen that it's not about winning as much as teams want to feel like they at least have a chance to win. I am a player and I'm also a director so I have experience with both sides. Is there an issue with lifetime E players and teams? Yes... there is also an issue with "pro am" or at least guys who think they are , softball players teaming up and proving to be better than any teams in the region. Don't build your team the way you want and not Expect to play where you should or shouldn't
Softball should go back to 1 division... softball... best team wins regardless of bs ratings. Go play drink whatever and be the best you can.
he

Country469

thank you.........stop loading up a team with best guys around if you want to play locally. It aint gonna happen. Period.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sounds like a director issue to me. You think our wsl director doesn't know who utrip bumped in our area?

The pro am teams are certainly a factor. Teams used to be 8 or 9 guys and they'd usually try and pick up a ringer, but it was nothing like today. Also a big reason the sport seems to have more cancers to team players.

The entry fees are rough, but that's just inflation.

Country469

entry fees are up yes, but compared to youth sports entry fees they are still very low. And in most places adult softball has to compete with youth sports for complex time. You think complexes and rec depts are all about grown men who pay less and cause more problems? Nope. They can charge gate fees for siblings, parents, mee maw and pop paw too. So much thoughtlessness in softball.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Softball players are pretty horrible. There's been a fight every weekend I've played so far this year, they year things up when they get mad, and they throw trash everywhere. It's a wonder we even have a place to play at all.

huzzdog

retired
I find it funny that the guys who complain about driving 4 hours to play are also the ones who choose to join up with a C team or higher. You did this to yourself so deal with the consequences. Before you give me that " we'll we just want to play with my friends" bs stop. I have plenty of softball friends that aren't that caliber and plenty who are. The classifications are what they are. You know the rules. Don't ***** bc your team isn't being allowed to beat the hell out of teams close to your house every weekend . Also, don't give me that bs that other teams should move up or could play with y'all. They don't move up just the same as why c teams don't . They don't want too... I know a team that *****es around here about teams not playing C. Says teams should play as high as possible but yet they were told they would bring playing B this year and decided to not play that sanction bc they didn't want to have to play that high. Pot meet kettle

this is the biggest ***** response i've ever seen
you are definitely fem

huzzdog

retired
i live in maine. i have to play B or higher. there isn't a team ranked above D within 300 miles. should i not play? the problem isn't the guys who join a C team or higher.. the problem is all the wanna gym class rejects who play E with 40 bats.. 10 subdyes.. been playing for 8 years and still.." just wanna play with buddies" .

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
i live in maine. i have to play B or higher. there isn't a team ranked above D within 300 miles. should i not play? the problem isn't the guys who join a C team or higher.. the problem is all the wanna gym class rejects who play E with 40 bats.. 10 subdyes.. been playing for 8 years and still.." just wanna play with buddies" .

The question should be why is it like that? Everybody wants to be the softball hero and rather play down than find good competition and either prove or improve themselves. I have always had much more respect for those who would try to play up and get beat than the trophy hunters