Why no love for the SY100?

Jatnole

Manager
I'm new to swinging Eastons, but I see everyone trying to get their hands on st100's, 100h's and 100w's, but I don't see anyone trying to get sy100's. Is there a reason for this? Are they just not as good? It seems like if the bat is from the same line it should be just as sought after as the others.

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, I think it's because of the amount of feedback it gives off on miss hits, especially before it is fully broken in.

whiteknight

BATAHOLIC
It's really one of the most underrated bats out there and they get real good when broken in just like the rest of the 2012 line

Woody54

Coach
The sy100 prices are starting to go up finally it looks like.. The sy100 is the black sheep outta the Utrip 2012 Easton's everyone wants a 100h 100w or st100 not realizing that the sy100 gets just as hot once broken in.. Whoever has some niw or mint 1's are going to be glad they kepted them.

Jburns

The Veteran
I found the sy100s fairly good out of the wrapper but did take around 300 cuts to really start to soften up

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
just swung a sy100 tonight. they're freaking sick..but get no love because they have 0 endload and feel 1oz lighter than sticker

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I really like this stick. Only swung mine once during bp in the fall and it is truly legit.

Woody54

Coach
IMO all the 2012 Easton's felt scale weight lighter I know all my 26 100w's n 26 st100 were under scale weight which wasn't a bad thing..

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I haven't scaled em, but my 28 100w def feels its weight and same with sy100. But swing weight doesn't always = scale, but Eastons usually are one of the more accurate scales.

Woody54

Coach
All I usually swing is 26 I know the 26's were under scale but I did have a 27 100w that was noticeable diffent in weight from the 26's but I even like the factory grips better on the 2012 line from last years

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
When I played utrip, this was my bat of choice... Loved the big barrel and the overall feel.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
I think part of it was there never was a $100 sale on the SY100s, so other never was the OMG! BEST BAT EVER!!!! thing the other bats received from the impulse buyers who either actually loved them or were just trying to hype them for resale because they couldn't swing 30oz bats.