Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
Velcro works well. Velcro looks ugly.
Kinda like my minivan.
No velcro in my house.
One minivan in the garage.

Last edited:

grubd

Banned User
Had an M2 open back w/ velcro delivered today. When I get home this eve I'll throw up a "first impression review". Ordered for a friend who wanted an open back but the ability to adjust constantly...between every pitch....really wrench it down. I didn't stumble upon 30's vid till after. Oh well.

Good luck with the m2. Maybe the Velcro is something they do good.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have been told that there are better quality version of Velcro and I believe some one had it sown in there Vinci glove when the stock Velcro failed. I tried to recommend this but I think Pete just does not like Velcro. I have always been able to use closed or open backs but I have adjusted the open backs. I will have to watch your Video Dirty. In fact I need to watch more,, I still wanna learn more about glove lacing. I would love to take some of my Vinci's apart but am afraid I wont be able to get them back together in decent shape :eek:

Gary, Marty says you have really small hands and says the Mizunos would fit you better. Maybe he can get you one. Tell him that I said if he does he wont owe me that PJV1972 he promised me :rolleyes:

freelanceterry

Addicted to Softballfans
First Impression M2 Review (will try and add pics later):

M2 WTX model, open back w/ velcro.
The velcro on these seems very rugged. The velcro is one long "wrist band"-type material strip that simply runs over your hand and under the open back. It's actually a pretty good idea. The "strip" may be too short though as the open back is set on the smallest setting and the velcro matches up. If I need to go bigger with it, the velcro strip will be to short. It will still engage with velcro, but a lot of velcro will be exposed on the wrist (hope that makes sense...pics later will help).

Initial overall impression was very good. The shape is good. Leather is very smooth in about 80% of the glove. Some small wrinkly parts...but really not bad at all. Leather quality seems good - better than I was expecting. I know, "mexican leather! mexican leather!" - but really, brand new at least, it's very good for the price. Came just as stiff as the new HOH I picked up. This is a far from "game ready" glove and appears will take a shape well.

Laces seem average. Definitely not top quality...but wider/thicker in the trap portion of the T-web vs. my HOH. They do not make me concerned.

The stitching on the personalization came our great. Especially the logo they did. Nailed that. The lettering on it is good too...and is just as good as the "rawlings" stitching on my HOH.

The M2 logo on the palm is way off-center. Maybe this is just where they put it?...just looks a little odd. Will not affect anything. Doesn't look stupid...but noticeable.

M2 had good cs through the process and I think it was 6 weeks from order to door.

Initial Review Summary:
1. Velcro = good...but might be a problem if we need to go bigger with the wrist setting
2. Leather = good+ for the cost
3. Lacing = good
4. Colors = great
5. Personalization = great
6. Cost/Value = very good
7. CS = good
8. Sizing = right on

Would recommend to a friend - would consider purchasing myself

Last edited:

Tsuga

Addicted to Softballfans
I have an A2000 XXC with the Velcro on it. After about 4 seasons, the Velcro stopped working. I ended up punching holes in the strap and put a lace in it.