Why should I care about anything but 52s?

BigGilly44

The Rookie
ASA uses 52/300 and NSA uses 52/275. States, Nationals, qualifiers, worlds, super worlds. No matter what it is, sanctioned tourneys use the low compression balls. I have never played USSSA so I cant speak on that association.

So why should I care about anything but 52s? I read on here about bats and ppl saying that their bat really smokes 44s! And they are 350+ guys with 44/400s? Sorry but all bats smoke 44s better than 52s. Until they crack, blow up and start failing compression. But like I asked; Why should I care if my Dirty30 kills 44s (other than **** measuring and breaking a bat in) when in fact the only ball that matters is the 52 in any tourney that actually matters.

Shouldnt we practice and play with what we use? Example; a team from downsouth was playing at Nationals. They complained the whole time while playing us. Saying back home they use 44/375s and these 52s suck! They went 0-3 after having a good season in their home state.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Find your path and find your way. Don't let the deceivers thwart you from the promised land.

BigGilly44

The Rookie
It's funny that your name is BigGilly44, but you only like 52's....

Well I'm 6'3 and weigh 275. And my last name is Gill so its easy. lol BUT I didnt say thats all I like. I simple said why does anyone (outside of senior league guys) care about anything but 52s. Its the ball used in any tourney that matters, why hit 320 all year with your DC and think you are a beast. Then get to Supers and hit 280 and go 0-4 with 4 pop outs still thinking you are a beast. When it was the 44 that made you!

BigGilly44

The Rookie
See. This is exactly way I held off so long actually signing up for this site. I bring up a valid statement. A conversation starter. A thread that could have actually been a conversation and what happens?

A bunch of trolls spitting nonsense and statements not anywhere close to the topic! A bunch of 10K+ comment trolls that I would bet money on couldnt hit .500 in slow pitch and only defensive position they are not a liability is catcher! On a league team. Im not a "B" level guy or NSA elite level by any stretch nor am I a troll or ketboard tough guy. But damn ever figure out why most ppl think this site is a joke. Troll all you want.

lx_2nv

Coach
Who cares honestly. You dont have to care about a 44. Personally, IDGAF about the ball I am hitting at all. I'm out to hit it the best I can.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Shouldnt we practice and play with what we use? Example; a team from downsouth was playing at Nationals. They complained the whole time while playing us. Saying back home they use 44/375s and these 52s suck! They went 0-3 after having a good season in their home state.
Yeah but it's still the same game. Hit the ball, catch the ball. You can't go 0-3 and blame the .52.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I'll tell you what.... I like BP with my old broken down balls. Then come game time and you get a new ball its like...... Whoa!

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
52's have been out long enough to know how they hit. If you hit 320' with 44's and 280' with 52's, go into the tourney knowing what you're hitting and adjust. Or practice with the 52's and learn how to hit them 320'. They still fly as long as you know how to hit them differently than the 44's. Hit liners and gaps and stop being a bunch of Sally's crying about what type of ball it is.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
See. This is exactly way I held off so long actually signing up for this site. I bring up a valid statement. A conversation starter. A thread that could have actually been a conversation and what happens?

You should get trolled because it's a dumb question. You shouldn't care and no one should care if you care. Do u play usssa? Do i care if you play usssa? 52's are fine but at my local BLD they still use 44s and old stamp usssa bats. Another league uses super blue dots with asa bats. So yes i care about other things but no, no you should not.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
A bunch of 10K+ comment trolls that I would bet money on couldnt hit .500 in slow pitch and only defensive position they are not a liability is catcher!

^^^ This is generally how I judge a person's worth, too.

Seriously, you asked a mundane question that everyone knows the answer to. If people took you dead seriously, the second post would have read "Nobody should care", and your thread would've died a quick death. You should be thanking all the smart-asses for keeping this thread on life support.

Now I feel bad for being so mean, so I'll give a legitimate response. I play in two leagues that both use 52's, and pretty much all the local tournies use 52's now. So I pretty much only hit 52's in real games. Here's why I care about other balls:

1. Breaking in bats- I swing Eastons and Mizunos, and 275-300# comp balls would simply not break them in. I have a bucket of hard balls that I use with new bats to get them game-ready.

2. Inevitable batting-practice HR derby- You know how it is, you start out working on specific stuff, hitting backside, liners to the gaps, etc. Then some meathead cranks one out. Then another. And another. You gonna take that? Didn't think so. Grab the bucket of rocks, get out your richard-ruler, and see who's the big dawg in the yard. Hitting balls really far is really fun, and unless you have your name on a bat, no one's paying you to play. You're doing it FOR FUN.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
And no, you shouldn't care that i care either. I don't care either way...but somehow i cared enough to type that. Or am i extremely bored. I'm lost now.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
52's are fine but at my local BLD they still use 44s and old stamp usssa bats. Another league uses super blue dots with asa bats.

^^^ New stamp, ASA-only bats? Do the infielders get hit with flying composite shards and suffer from PTSD?

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
It's actually pretty amazing. I pitch. It's a baseball field with 330 corners. In the park home runs and legit home runs are common.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I'd actually look like a dangerous hitter in that league.

the best part was the league just ended two weeks ago so there were games played in the 40's...lazer show. I saw a couple ankles take some shots but no one got hit in the face :thumb:

Dan411

Star Player
I have some 44/375's for breaking in some of my bats and some Evil BP rockets for BP fun. But I am with you, in that you should practice with what you play with.

2spdturbo

Addicted to Softballfans
in SoCal it seems like more local leagues and tourneys are going back to 44/375 in addition raise the homerun limits. Wish they stay with 52/300. Oh while. Attendants must be down

bird25

34/30 Club #25
^^^ This is generally how I judge a person's worth, too.

Seriously, you asked a mundane question that everyone knows the answer to. If people took you dead seriously, the second post would have read "Nobody should care", and your thread would've died a quick death. You should be thanking all the smart-asses for keeping this thread on life support.

Now I feel bad for being so mean, so I'll give a legitimate response. I play in two leagues that both use 52's, and pretty much all the local tournies use 52's now. So I pretty much only hit 52's in real games. Here's why I care about other balls:

1. Breaking in bats- I swing Eastons and Mizunos, and 275-300# comp balls would simply not break them in. I have a bucket of hard balls that I use with new bats to get them game-ready.

2. Inevitable batting-practice HR derby- You know how it is, you start out working on specific stuff, hitting backside, liners to the gaps, etc. Then some meathead cranks one out. Then another. And another. You gonna take that? Didn't think so. Grab the bucket of rocks, get out your richard-ruler, and see who's the big dawg in the yard. Hitting balls really far is really fun, and unless you have your name on a bat, no one's paying you to play. You're doing it FOR FUN.

You went all Forrest Gump on that! You said it all.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
the best part was the league just ended two weeks ago so there were games played in the 40's...lazer show. I saw a couple ankles take some shots but no one got hit in the face :thumb:

The sbf team played a game at 30 degrees a few years back. Old stamps and those balls were awesome. Saw a couple go over the netting. Casey was one.