Will new rules hurt or help?

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
I was planning on starting to buy NIW NR bats but now you can't sell them anymore?

Will this cause more people to go else where to sell these or will they just put some swings on them before they sell?

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
The biggest reason I ask is I was looking to possibly buy a J3A, Flipper, and possibly a Mercy but was weighing the options of NIW NR or NIW returnable. But now it seems I might as well pay the extra $50 and buy one NIW from SBF instead of a used NR

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
The fact you cant sell NIW NR's now. The store doesnt sell them. They just trying to debo all sales. Next it's gonna be you cant sell a bat if it has less the 100 hits or something stupid like that.

Parked

Addicted to Softballfans
With the prices Coach and the store offer why not spend the extra ~40-50 dollars and have a return?

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunetly some prices that coach has can still be beat elsewhere. It's a never ending cycle. Updating rules is not going to help the site or buisness.

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
I can say it will help the store by making a few more people spending that little extra to get one from sbf, but I also see a lot more people getting banned for selling NIW NR through pm instead of posting a thread.

mjs

Dodging bullets
Unfortunetly some prices that coach has can still be beat elsewhere. It's a never ending cycle. Updating rules is not going to help the site or buisness.

really....it isn't going to help the site curtail the sale of nr bats....:rolleyes:

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
One of the main reasons I don't buy used bats is because I don't trust whether they are legit or not. I like the NIW nr because at least I know they are real.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
One of the main reasons I don't buy used bats is because I don't trust whether they are legit or not. I like the NIW nr because at least I know they are real.

yes but they are also preventing the store from selling a NIW returnable.... what other places sell NIW NR?

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
I was more thinking of an instance where a friend bought a used bat. Hit it. End cap popped off and turned out to be shaved. Then the seller claimed he bought it used from a friend. No one owned up to the cut bat.

This is why I buy NIW or NIW nr bats. For my edification to know its legit.

Caddy

Manager
I think the NR sale prices have been ridiculous lately. But I see where SBF is coming from. Easton has a 6mo warranty now but some NR have RA's that are valid for longer. Even at $185 for a NR w/ a valid RA it's still a better deal than $240 with a 6mo warranty. The same issue will arise is a month when all the RI z2ks come out for the bad batches. Soon the LS section will be flooded with RI NR z2ks that will have valid RA's. thus balancing the market on over priced No Return bats.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
This isnt going to matter, people are going to put 5 swings on a bat and sell it as used for the same price as they would have a NR or just put it up for trade.

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
This isnt going to matter, people are going to put 5 swings on a bat and sell it as used for the same price as they would have a NR or just put it up for trade.

You could be right but if that starts happening do you think the rules will be update to regulate what is considered sellable? As in a hit count limit before it can be sold on the forums?

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
i don't know if you want to sell the op a bat anyways...i know I wouldn't
This has nothing to do with the thread.

You could be right but if that starts happening do you think the rules will be update to regulate what is considered sellable? As in a hit count limit before it can be sold on the forums?
If it's a legit 5 hits, it's fine. If people get caught violating the rules by selling NIW NR as "5 hits", they'll get banned. I can't see a situation where we use a "hit minimum" or something like that...it's impossible to regulate.

The rules are easy to follow...and if someone isn't sure about whether or not what they'e about to do violates said rules, they can ask.

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
Can you take hits with the wrapper on? I know it may seem stupid but it would give me satisfaction knowing that the end cap hadn't been altered with.

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
If it's a legit 5 hits, it's fine. If people get caught violating the rules by selling NIW NR as "5 hits", they'll get banned. I can't see a situation where we use a "hit minimum" or something like that...it's impossible to regulate.

The rules are easy to follow...and if someone isn't sure about whether or not what they'e about to do violates said rules, they can ask.

Yea I saw in the LS sale thread that Sonic posted its ok as long as it is a legit number of hits and as you said not a NIW NOW with 0 hits and just trying to get away with it.