Wilson: 2014

DIRTY 30

New A2K Brandon Phillips, Pedroia, 1799, KP92, and, wait for it, a black A2000 1781 on the horizon

wilson_2014.png~original

wilson1.png~original
wilson2.png~original

wilson3.png~original
wilson4.png~original

wilson6.png~original
wilson7.png~original

Also, a new gun metal grey KP

wilson5.png~original

Last edited:

Jen_16

Coach
I like the gunmetal KP92. They need to do a 1799 like that with the gunmetal web. These are a couple neat ones but I probably won't be buying any of those. The colors don't do it for me.

Thanks for sharing Mike! I'd already seen the ST/black web infield model and the blonde/black KP92 but hadn't seen the others.

Jen_16

Coach
was probably inevitable once they added it to the custom lineup.. if they're smart, they'll roll one out in orange tan too

Naw they'll wait a while on releasing an OT. If they put that out they'd kill their customs business.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
$587.50 for a 1799 :eek: Does that increase the value of my slightly used ones?

<I'm not serious>

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Naw they'll wait a while on releasing an OT. If they put that out they'd kill their customs business.

doubt it ..I think you'd see a lot more people dropping $200 for a stock OT than $330 for a custom.. you could just as easily say that the black eats into custom orders for all black 1781s ..I'd say it's unlikely that many of the custom orders are for gloves that exactly mirror stock colorways

Jen_16

Coach
doubt it ..I think you'd see a lot more people dropping $200 for a stock OT than $330 for a custom.. you could just as easily say that the black eats into custom orders for all black 1781s ..I'd say it's unlikely that many of the custom orders are for gloves that exactly mirror stock colorways

No, I think having a black out as a retail model is perfect. People have been clamoring for a 1781 for years. The majority will be happy with black, then a handful of us who want a specific color and pi quality bad enough will end up breaking down and going the custom route.

That was my logic, not trying to be argumentative Augue :)

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I think.. I know it means nothing:

Wilson does a terrible job with color selection on high end retail gloves. Not enough options.

DIRTY 30

They're also releasing a new line to replace the Showcase series called A1K. They'll have smaller hand stalls just like the Showcase with all the popular patterns. Good move by Wilson here.

wilson10.png

wilson11.png

propreferred

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow those colorways are terrible. Even the gunmetal. Looks good right now, but I bet it will look like a kids glove in person. Can't imagine they could do it without it being too shiny.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I like the look of the gunmetal. What do you think the actual price of the 1781 will be? I been dieing to try one. 12.25 I web seems perfect for infield.

Mason4208

$587.50 for a 1799 :eek: Does that increase the value of my slightly used ones?

<I'm not serious>

They will all be standard retail prices. These are always how they're priced in the Wilson catalogs. We get them every yr. but we get them at cost...

Mason4208

A1K is a great move by Wilson, and the blacked out look is fantastic. I'd chalk 2014 up in the win column for them. Better than the 2014 Halloween theme for sure. The GM KP I will def be picking up just based on looks.