Wilson A2000 - 1788 Japan

Godsdog

<font color="#00274C">Descendant of Vander Meer</f
I bought this glove off the pay to replace a retail 1788 that I had.

I had a couple questions about it, please try to ignore the atrocious knots. I am planning on relacing it this weekend.

web.jpg

side.jpg

japan_date.jpg

shell.jpg

stamp.jpg

palm.jpg

Starting with the date code: AGR. According to this post, it would be ---4 September -- Is that 2004?

This glove has little to no padding in the heel. I wondered if this particular model came with less/none. I assume it was removed along the way.

The MLB logo is smaller and vertical. What's up with that? Is that a thing? I never really looked at that before.

Size stamp is, of course, on the inside. 11 1/4 as a 1788. The model stamp is on the thumb. Based on the inclusion of "A2000" on the thumb, is this obviously not a PI? Or...could it be?

The glove sits open on it's side and cleaned up pretty nice. Any idea of it's value? Thanks!

DIRTY 30

No one knows the Wilson date code scheme for fact, it's all just speculation. It's just an older model with the dual welt stamp on the ring, which they've done away with. Not a PI. Maybe $120 on GW.

Godsdog

No one knows the Wilson date code scheme for fact, it's all just speculation. It's just an older model with the dual welt stamp on the ring, which they've done away with. Not a PI. Maybe $120 on GW.

Thanks Dirty. I asked them on Twitter to decode it, we shall see if they bother responding.

I paid a bit more than $120, know it's too small for here, and am going to hang onto it for now.

Going to re-lace it following your guides- Throw in a double-X if I can. Never done it before.

Jomatty

Starting Player
How can you tell that it's not a pi? Are there specific things to look for? I thought when they didn't have the size on the visible part of the glove and it is inside it was potentially pi

Godsdog

The guy that I bought it from said it was PI. But, I don't know/trust him. I bought it thinking it was not a PI, but hoped it might be.