Wilson Customs

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Hey fellas! Been awhile! Anybody order a Wilson custom lately? Had a few questions and was hoping for some feedback since I'm thinking about ordering one (through SBF obviously), a 1781 to be exact:
1. What's the current lead time? Especially with Covid?
2. Are they 4 or 5 loop openings? I saw the options for changing the fit so if they are 5 loop, would having them do the narrow fit make it more like a 4 loop?
3. Does anyone have photos of embroidery on the thumb? Tough to get a feel for what it will look like on the builder, especially with 5-6 font options. I'll be doing my last name and #10.
4. Is it just me or is the original framed logo still the best? I am trying to love the bold logo but I just don't. The Yellow logo on a black background is just too slick looking.

Any help is appreciated!

s/n: my "custom" looks awfully similar to a PI ST 1781 :rolleyes:

syracuse

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey fellas! Been awhile! Anybody order a Wilson custom lately? Had a few questions and was hoping for some feedback since I'm thinking about ordering one (through SBF obviously), a 1781 to be exact:
2. Are they 4 or 5 loop openings? I saw the options for changing the fit so if they are 5 loop, would having them do the narrow fit make it more like a 4 loop?
3. Does anyone have photos of embroidery on the thumb? Tough to get a feel for what it will look like on the builder, especially with 5-6 font options. I'll be doing my last name and #10.
4. Is it just me or is the original framed logo still the best? I am trying to love the bold logo but I just don't. The Yellow logo on a black background is just too slick looking.

Any help is appreciated!

i got a custom lht 1781 in 2014 and it came as a 5 loop hand opening

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
EDIT: I saw a few pictures on FB of customs and they all have 5 loop openings and not to mention that you can tell its 5 loops in the photos on the builder.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
My son did one this year through SBF and it came in on time. I think right on the 8 week estimate if I remember right. Anybody try a 14" A2000? I love the ancient Demarini Voodoo 13 2/3”, but I've felt like every time I've tried going bigger (Nokona and Vinci) you couldn't snowcone it making that extra 1/3 completely useless if not a detriment.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.

Any help is appreciated!

They added vintage tan to the a2000 custom builder. They had PI 1781s for $225 on JBG recently but they sold out fast.

Committed

Did they do away with the MLB logo in the pinky ? I don’t see it as an option any longer
Yes, Rawlings is now the “official” glove of the MLB and their gloves will all have the logo. The Rawlings logo, IMO is a downgrade from the Wilson version. It looks like they took all the leftover MLB logos from the Majestic jersey factory and retroactively stuck them to the glove.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Yes, Rawlings is now the “official” glove of the MLB and their gloves will all have the logo. The Rawlings logo, IMO is a downgrade from the Wilson version. It looks like they took all the leftover MLB logos from the Majestic jersey factory and retroactively stuck them to the glove.
They look terrible!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
They added vintage tan to the a2000 custom builder. They had PI 1781s for $225 on JBG recently but they sold out fast.

I had one in my cart, paid for, with confirmation e-mail, only to get another e-mail from them stating they oversold their stock and I unfortunately didn't get one. They offered me another retail glove for the same price, only I think I was paying $279 or something like that. Wouldn't have been much of a savings for a retail glove I really didn't need / want so I just took the refund.