Women's Glove That's Easy to Break In?

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a women's softball glove that would be quick to break in and easy to close. She doesn't need something super expensive, as we are only playing in a co-ed league through work. Definitely nothing more than $100 (preferably less). Any advice you guys could give me would be great!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
If she doesn't intend to play for the long haul (past the season) there are soft game-ready gloves at any Big 5 or Sports Authority. Pick out something comfortable and oil it once for good measure. However, these gloves are not durable and will start peeling/cracking in a couple of years of use or neglect. If the girl has smaller hands, look for an adjustable velcro strap around the wrist. I remember seeing a lot of Mizuno 12.5-14" gloves with these straps that were almost game ready at SA. With a coupon you should find one for around $20-50.

mtfdben58

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked up a cheap Mizuno supreme series for $30 from the bay and it's very soft. I was looking to try out a smaller glove and didn't want to spend $100 and not like it just to go back to my old one. I tried out this method of breaking it in "The legendary Chilton, sort of the Wolfman Jack of glove repair, To break in today's gloves, he suggests wetting a towel, then wringing it out and warming it in the microwave. Wrap the glove in the warm towel, creating an effect similar to the steaming."q after steaming it i took it outside and played catch for about a half hour. Wrapped it up with a ball in the pocket and let it sit. A few days of this and then some glove oil. Glove feels great and is ready to hit the fields. Good luck.

Thank you both for the info! I think she is going to go with an Easton Natural Elite Fastpitch. It's $60 so the price isn't too bad and it sounds like it should be fairly easy to break in. I'm sure I'll have to help do most of the breaking-in anyway haha.

Eyecandy

Star Player
Not familiar with that particular glove, but I did make the mistake of buying a 1B mitt that was made for fast pitch. While the glove fit my smallish hand really well, the pocket was too small.

I bought a Mizuno World Win. Pretty soft already. Very little break in time, and has a pretty large pocket. A little big on my hand, but I can snug it up tight enough.

thenatdb

Gooby Plz!
OvenMitt.jpg

sorry I had too. lol.

The MVP series is easy to break in.

http://www.softballfans.com/shop/Mizuno-GMVP1251-MVP-12-5.html

Haha the pic is hilarious! I'll show her those gloves too just to give her a couple of extra options before she buys. I'm pretty sure she is going by what's "prettiest", but luckily she listens to my advice haha.