Wood Bat Advice Please....

Dick360

Manager
So I play in a wood bat league every winter, and a wood bat tourney every now and then, so I figure it's way past time that I get my own wood bat and quit using other people's (nobody likes the "no bat" guy). Does anyone have much experience swinging different wood bats that could give me some advice on which ones they liked the best? I'm not so sure there is as much difference between different wood bats as there is betwen different composites, but any preferences on manufacturer or even just which type of wood would be helpful. Please, please do your best to maintain some dignity and refrain from filling this thread with Beavis & Butthead-esque remarks about "wood". Thanks guys.

DSNuts48

Badass
What weight do you usually swing? Maple would be the best but it will also be the heaviest bat you will buy, bamboo is very light and a lot of people are starting to use them for softball. I'd suggest the Evil Bamboom just because it's a bamboo body with a maple barrel. Don't get Ash, while it's really light and cheap it doesn't last long.

Personally I had my bat made out of the bark from the grandmother willow tree as seen in Pocahontas and infused it with the carbon dated bones of the elusive velociraptor. Then coated it in the fresh oils from the endangered black rhino and baby seals from Malaysia. What is that? There aren't any seals in Malaysia? Well that's because they are now part of my bat.

Last edited:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Here you go,
evil-bat-whit-3429_high.jpg

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Im actually going in a different direction than stained. Dave next time your shopping in the Evil store let me know so I can hook you up with a current coupon code.