wood bat league

1redskinfan

Addicted to Softballfans
to all you big bad boys who check swing your painted ultras and mi**** your shaved bats. My team played in a wood bat league this fall on a baseball field. 310 in left 330 in center and 365 in right. We had the most even and competitive league and i had one player, the only player in the league to hit an over the fence homerun. It was hit with a 16 dollar louisville slugger. Over the left field fence by 20 feet. It was fun . I thought i would let you guys know so maybe yall could try it sometime

devildog

Addicted to Softballfans
I would love to do this, take the game back down to a basic level and have some fun. This is crazy idea i would like to see happen in my area.

- Devildog

Beej05

Part Time Player
Its getting pretty popular down here in San Antonio. Not any leagues yet, but more and more small tournies are popping up.

jxb0589

Part Time Player
Would love to see more of this. The bat companies probably dont want to see too much of this.

Beej05

Part Time Player
I dont think there is anyway that wood bat tournies would take over composite tournies. Right now I dont think that the bat companies are that worried about it in fact, Worth is embracing it by putting out the toxic wood bat out, which is pretty nice. I just think they are trying to do the best of both worlds. Composites for all and wood for the few that want to swing wood. my .02

pompetti

Softball Player
to all you big bad boys who check swing your painted ultras and mi**** your shaved bats. My team played in a wood bat league this fall on a baseball field. 310 in left 330 in center and 365 in right. We had the most even and competitive league and i had one player, the only player in the league to hit an over the fence homerun. It was hit with a 16 dollar louisville slugger. Over the left field fence by 20 feet. It was fun . I thought i would let you guys know so maybe yall could try it sometime

Around here, the team with the painted Ultra found a way to cheat in wood bat league. They used a wood baseball bat. It's great having to call out bats in wood bat league.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
my E team had about 6-7 on a wood bat team....we killed everybody
league folded because nobody could get any hits...

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
Just so happen to be playing in one this weekend. Toys for tots tourney. Most fun I have during the year.

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
WE can either swing wood softball bats or you can swing hardball bats. I ordered maple bb bat for this weekend. Thanks to the guys at Phoenix bats. Lefty can hook you up. He is a softball player alsol

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I would love to play in wood tourneys or leagues. I haven't found any yet in southern Oklahoma though.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
If we had a wood bat league around here, I'd play in it. I don't care if I have to swing a lead pipe, if it's softball I'll play.

Brian#29

That Guy!
Thought about giving this a try......we have one wood bat league around , only problem is they use a 40/375 ball....wish they would supply a little better ball tho? Was gonna look into getting a Worth Toxic wood bat to try out in bp for the heck of it.

DSNuts48

Badass
Thought about giving this a try......we have one wood bat league around , only problem is they use a 40/375 ball....wish they would supply a little better ball tho? Was gonna look into getting a Worth Toxic wood bat to try out in bp for the heck of it.

40/375 seems to be about the norm, get an evil bamboom. TBH, the ball still flies, you just have to have a good swing and make solid contact. None of that cutting the ball crap.

franknwhit

Game on!
Our league this Fall went to all wood bat. It's been great. Wood bats you don;t have to worry as much when some idiot shoots the box. We have played in a tournament the last 5 years Labor Day Weekend that has a wood bat division. It makes the game a game again for sure.

Last edited: