World Series Balls...

Stretch19

Grow up
Is it a figment of my imagination or are the balls usually provided at the World Series and Super World Series?

Stretch19

Grow up
This would lead me to believe that balls are supplied and teams must all hit the same ball at the Worlds and Super World Series:

ARTICLE XVII POST SEASON TOURNAMENTS
(NIT, State, Super Reg., World Series)

Section 2

All sanctioned tournaments conducted by a State or Area
Director shall be conducted in accordance within the Rules and
Regulations of the Association. That director must ensure that
proper administration is being conducted at all times.
Team(s) will hit their own NSA approved softballs for all NSA
adult softball tournaments with the exception of the World and
Super World Series Tournaments.
The softballs used must meet
NSA specifications; any deviations must be approved by the
NSA National Headquarters.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
Look in the tournament packet for the location you are going... I would assume they are since balls are being supplied for E worlds in indy.

Stretch19

Grow up
They have been every previous year we have played, however the TD for the Eastern Worlds in VA posted the following today:

The balls that can be used are any NSA 52 Core 275 Compression ball. THEY are the only ones allowed. We will have them for sale at the parks.

According to the rule I posted above, they should provide everyone the same ball to hit, I was just double checking before i called him out and dropped some rule book knowledge on his ass...

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
They have been every previous year we have played, however the TD for the Eastern Worlds in VA posted the following today:

The balls that can be used are any NSA 52 Core 275 Compression ball. THEY are the only ones allowed. We will have them for sale at the parks.

According to the rule I posted above, they should provide everyone the same ball to hit, I was just double checking before i called him out and dropped some rule book knowledge on his ass...

Well... It looks like the 275 will be the ball you have to use... I would call him and ask. They don't HAVE to provide balls. Where are you playing and what level?

Stretch19

Grow up
Well... It looks like the 275 will be the ball you have to use... I would call him and ask. They don't HAVE to provide balls. Where are you playing and what level?

according to the rule book they do...it states teams can hit ANY nsa sanctioned ball with the exception of Worlds and Super Worlds, implying that in Worlds and Super Worlds everyone hits the same ball.

im fine with hitting 52/275, thats the ball we have used all year long...but $300 for DE in a Worlds, they need to be providing the balls and everyone needs to hit the same thing

we are playing Eastern Worlds in Salem, VA...Class E

he also left us off the list of game times he posted yesterday hahahaha

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
If I remember correctly I thought Dudley was a co-sponsor of the super worlds --the below is straight from the D Super World packet from this year -- I am assuming its the same for all levels

SOFTBALL: The DUDLEY NSA black stitched optic yellow NSA Stamped Softball, 44 core/400 will be supplied.

Stretch19

Grow up
If I remember correctly I thought Dudley was a co-sponsor of the super worlds --the below is straight from the D Super World packet from this year -- I am assuming its the same for all levels

SOFTBALL: The DUDLEY NSA black stitched optic yellow NSA Stamped Softball, 44 core/400 will be supplied.

yes, that is for super worlds, correct...i am speaking of the Worlds

Stretch19

Grow up
i mentioned supers yes...i was under the impression the balls were supplied for both as the rule book separates ball use for the Worlds and Super Worlds from all the other NSA sanctioned tourneys. We have always been supplied balls at each.

Stretch19

Grow up
i will be at the same tourney.... Gtg that they are providing balls. Our team bought 44/400s for NSA. would have been a little irked if we had to buy 52s on top of the $300 entry.

who are you playing with?

i smiled when i got the updated bracket John Counts sent out today and it said this at the bottom of the email:

Also one other note – WE WILL BE PROVIDING THE SOFTBALLS.

who are you playing with?

i smiled when i got the updated bracket John Counts sent out today and it said this at the bottom of the email:

Also one other note – WE WILL BE PROVIDING THE SOFTBALLS.

Jaxx

im sure everyone bitched about the ball situation....

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah no joke, didnt even think of that...

did yall play in salem for the chance earlier in the year? we went up there and it rained sideways all day on saturday...they moved all the games back, we were supposed to start at 8 am, ended up playing at 6 pm but the fields were in great shape considering; even if it does rain, which i dont think it will, we are still playing im sure

eHall

Base burglar
Last year in Rock Hill for supers they provided the Dudley Thunder ZN ball. For worlds in Indy, they used the Worth Gold Dot. Luckily it was in the 50s/60s in indy so they didnt turn into socks. They also did a great job rotating new balls in.

Stretch19

Grow up
Last year in Rock Hill for supers they provided the Dudley Thunder ZN ball. For worlds in Indy, they used the Worth Gold Dot. Luckily it was in the 50s/60s in indy so they didnt turn into socks. They also did a great job rotating new balls in.

sounds like nsa north is slacking...we got the dudleys down here as well. i will be interested to see what 52 they supply this weekend

yeah no joke, didnt even think of that...

did yall play in salem for the chance earlier in the year? we went up there and it rained sideways all day on saturday...they moved all the games back, we were supposed to start at 8 am, ended up playing at 6 pm but the fields were in great shape considering; even if it does rain, which i dont think it will, we are still playing im sure

no, we didn't play the Chance...heard it was a disaster though. The fields in Salem are good so im not surprised they held up.

Stretch19

Grow up
no, we didn't play the Chance...heard it was a disaster though. The fields in Salem are good so im not surprised they held up.

eh, i thought it was very well run considering the conditions they were handed...played games throughout saturday night which was kinda cool...lights cut off at 2 fields and had to shuffle everyone around...it was one of those ones you wont forget having played in; it was our first year and we will go back again for sure

eHall

Base burglar
sounds like nsa north is slacking...we got the dudleys down here as well. i will be interested to see what 52 they supply this weekend

It actually worked out well with the Gold Dots. It was cooler and they used at least 3 new balls each game so they held up. A lot less oops HRs and screamers off the fence. As an outfielder it was nice to be able to run down a ball or two. With the TAs, you turn around and run to the fence and keep it to a double or watch it sail over.

Stretch19

Grow up
It actually worked out well with the Gold Dots. It was cooler and they used at least 3 new balls each game so they held up. A lot less oops HRs and screamers off the fence. As an outfielder it was nice to be able to run down a ball or two. With the TAs, you turn around and run to the fence and keep it to a double or watch it sail over.

yeah true indeed...we played a tourney earlier in the year where everyone had to hit gold dots...it was nice having everyone on the same playing field with the balls at least, sure not all the bats were created equally, but baby steps haha

eh, i thought it was very well run considering the conditions they were handed...played games throughout saturday night which was kinda cool...lights cut off at 2 fields and had to shuffle everyone around...it was one of those ones you wont forget having played in; it was our first year and we will go back again for sure

How did you guys end up this weekend?

nah...came in 2nd to SAL. I guess we technically won the C, since SAL is a B team in NSA...at least thats what the director said. They beat us twice.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah 5th isnt bad by any means, but a little disappointing. team we beat 2nd game saturday came back through and finished 3rd which kinda hurts a bit. was some good "E" teams there for sure though

The team that won it is definitely not an E team...but honestly any team that wins a big E tourney isn't an E team anymore.