Worth and miken bats

WOOD27

THE LEGEND
Has worth and miken stopped making bats in the USA ? A teammates miken freak primo balanced dosent say made and USA and I just picked up a 2021 worth krecher smith short barrel and no where does it say made in USA. Says manafactured by worth sports. Any insite?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
They've been made in China for good while now. I have some that say made in the USA and have Chinese symbols all over from the factory QC

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m pretty sure all the companies have their bats made in China with some just assembled here. On the labor side it’s just so much cheaper overseas.

ShortYellowBus

If they’re assembling in China, they’re probably in free enterprise zones. Imagine working 50 hours a week to earn $25 in weekly take home pay. That’s what those free enterprise zones are. It’s not just labor.

The raw material needed to make composite comes from Taiwan and China. So there’s that too.

Pure tries making bats in the USA, but what they’re actually using is damaged reclaimed composite to pass off as new bats.

That’s why it’s so hard for pure to make a decent two piece bat, and keep up with demand. They need to purchase usable recycled raw material.

Anyone who knows anything about carbon fiber/composite will tell you; you can’t reuse it because it won’t last once it breaks.

ShortYellowBus

Thank the biden administration
Free economic zones began in 1947.

What does Biden have anything to do with corporations outsourcing labor to tax free havens for seventy four years. Let’s all stop blaming each other.

I have been to those zones. And the people who work there have zero skill, and the second they learn a useful skill, they find a job outside the bubble of capitalism deity.

It’s like a school. It’s an opportunity for people who otherwise would have none.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
They've been made in China for good while now. I have some that say made in the USA and have Chinese symbols all over from the factory QC

I’m pretty sure all the companies have their bats made in China with some just assembled here. On the labor side it’s just so much cheaper overseas.

I heard that the handles were made in China and imported, the barrels were made in the USA, and the bats were assembled in the USA.

Hence all the Chinese QC stickers under the grip and the "Made In USA" logo on the barrel. They were probably made to stop putting the USA logo on them because it gives the impression that the whole bat is American made.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard that the handles were made in China and imported, the barrels were made in the USA, and the bats were assembled in the USA.

Hence all the Chinese QC stickers under the grip and the "Made In USA" logo on the barrel. They were probably made to stop putting the USA logo on them because it gives the impression that the whole bat is American made.

Bats like Proton and Monsta have been all tied up in customs. The owner of Proton said he finally got his barrels out of customs and had to assemble them...load them and cap them. Monsta I don’t know how they’re made but they’re taking forever too. Sometimes when I buy guitars from companies here in the states they can get stuck in customs for months so I can see bats being tied up.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Old school Eastons were some of the best bats of all time and they have "Made in China" printed right on the knob. IDK if OP meant that bats being made outside the USA was a bad thing but it's really not, at least not for the consumer. Besides "Trade wars are easy to win" - Dotard