Worth Blue Dots

BATTLEBORN

Addicted to Softballfans
Model number PX-2RS, Are these any good for BP? I have a Chance to get a bunch of these brand new for real cheap but dont know anything about them. If I were to resale them, how much would they go for a dozen? Thanks

IMAG0358.jpg

Last edited:

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
Unless Blue Dots have changed (I didn't look up your model number) they're rock hard and a bad idea for BP, unless you want to break your bats. They are fun to hit though!!!

OldManThreeNuts

Catching and batting last
These are good for breaking bats in in a hurry. Some of the hardest balls ever made and no longer in production AFAIK. Price is probably similar to top of the line BP balls from evil or tattoo.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
Awesome balls to use, for all of the reasons mentioned above. Played in a league last year where you could use those and NSA bats. That league was essentially homerun derby every Saturday/Sunday.

usmcluberti

Banned User
I have two blue dots in my small collection of bp balls...and I would guess they are .47/525's or higher. I paid $1 each at PIAS for those and 7 or 8 of the older ASA dudley zn 47/525's

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I just got some of these and will say they are by far some of the hardest balls I have ever hit. They are good for bats that take a long time to break in or like someone else said you don't have the time to break them in.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Went through my old catalogs and couldn't find anything with a PX.

I know that there are 3. The Super Duper Blue Dot which is a 47/525, Super Blue Dot which came in 47/525, I think later ones were 47/500 and the Blue Dot which was 47/500.

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
Went through my old catalogs and couldn't find anything with a PX.

I know that there are 3. The Super Duper Blue Dot which is a 47/525, Super Blue Dot which came in 47/525, I think later ones were 47/500 and the Blue Dot which was 47/500.

I got the Super Blue Dot and they are gross and very hard. I would tell you not to swing with any bats that are really broken in and has webbing because these balls are super hard and will break your bats.

BATTLEBORN

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys it think I will by them, I have a freak 98 that needs to be broken in. What would be a good price per dozen if I sale them. They will be brand new in the box?

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
Thanks guys it think I will by them, I have a freak 98 that needs to be broken in. What would be a good price per dozen if I sale them. They will be brand new in the box?

PM me and let me know if you are going to sell them? I am interested in buying them.

Bdevil

Addicted to Softballfans
they are really fun to hit! I have about 3 dozen of them and have been taking a lot of bp with them so I can get a new bat before my warranty is up!

AZ Player 55

Addicted to Softballfans
We use the 47/525 super blue dot in league and we have an open bat (no seniors) policy.... very fun to hit...

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I am not sure those are your standard Blue Dots. I don't ever remember them saying Blue Dot Extra on any Blue dots that I have seen.

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
These are going to be sick for BP. I dont have the time to hit my new bats 200-300 times so 50 or so cuts with these beasts and the bats will be good to go.